Clear All

Re: What are the best pedals under $50

Originally posted by IM4Tone View Post
    Three great pedals from JOYO:
    1) Sweet Baby
    2) Deluxe Crunch
    3) Tremelo
    All <$50 New
    The amp modelers, American Sound and British Sound have great tone, but are noisy (Hiss) and require a noise reduction pedal in the chain. And BTW, the JOYO noise reduction pedal seemed worthless to me.
    I really dig the US Dream by Joyo. I think it was $33.00
    2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
    1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

The Arion Tubulator is worth an honorable mention. MF was blowing these out for $10 each a few years back. (I snagged two.) They're basically a Tube Screamer clone but sound similar to an vintage 808.

Comment

Originally posted by AudioWonderland View Post
        Where are you finding those at those prices?
        I see DS1s for $25 quite a bit, but the $40 Big Muff sounds sweet to me.

I scored my Fuzz Face for $20 and my Micro Flanger for $40.
        Originally posted by Rockstar216
        Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

Okay, my two cents worth

On Chorus -- Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus (the 18 volt all metal late 1990's version) Too damm good!

Delay -- Have to second the recommend for the Ibanez DE-7. A real sleeper, can do a lot of tricks and can still be had for less than $50

Tube Screamer -- Anybody's guess but a Bad Monkey can fill the bill and meet the OP's criteria on price, have seen them for less than $20 on the forum.

Flanger ... welll now, I have to again go back to Ibanez.... various flavors but if you can find a CF7.....GRAB IT. Does Chorus too, but the flanger portion just about covers all the bases.

That's it for me for the under $50 club.

Brad

Comment

ANother thread on this theme

Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by briggleman View Post
              Okay, my two cents worth

On Chorus -- Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus (the 18 volt all metal late 1990's version) Too damm good!

That's it for me for the under $50 club.

Brad
              Not to get all gear geeky on you but I have to tell you I've searched for years to find a pedal for chorus that sounds as good as the Cool Cat. The reason I don't use the Cool Cat? When notes decay below a certain volume it makes a strange little sound and then all I can hear is the dry signal; it's very noticeable. Otherwise I'd use it for all my chorus needs. I've tried high end units, low end units...only thing that comes close for me is the Corona chorus in Trichorus mode.

Oh and my only other gripe is that you got it for under $50! When I bought it new I think it was in the $90 range or so.
              2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
              1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Working...
              X