A rare NPD for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A rare NPD for me!

If you get 'your sound' from your hands rather than a specific amp or effects, this thing is a monster.
    Exactly what I'm looking for. Checked a nearby shop today, and they didn't have any...of course.

I'm looking forward to the possibilities here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      I did plug this into the effects return of my Trademark 60, which essentially makes it a Power Engine. Wow! This Fly Rig thing rocks!
      Was it a major difference from going into the input jack?

Comment

No, it isn't a major difference, but you are EQing twice, and would be going through the Sansamp circuitry twice. That is a lot of EQ. You can kind of re-eq the EQ out, but that takes time, and it isn't perfect.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          No, it isn't a major difference, but you are EQing twice, and would be going through the Sansamp circuitry twice. That is a lot of EQ. You can kind of re-eq the EQ out, but that takes time, and it isn't perfect.
          Thanks for the insight. Can't wait to get mine and try it both in front and in-the-loop of my amps. I'll hold off getting a Power Engine 60 pending my tests.

Comment

Btw, you can also go into the front of the Trademark 60 ( or any amp), and use the Plexi, delay, and boost functions just like normal pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by IM4Tone View Post
              I'm not so sure about that? I'll be considering this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...ower-engine-60
              That's pretty cool but I don't see myself spending more than what a real tube amp costs on a 60w solidstate poweramp that's supposed to make an amp-emulating stomp box sound better when I could be playing a Jet City or a Blackstar or a vintage Bassman for close to the same price.

I just really really like real analog tube amps....
              green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

We need a vid…..

You need a Tech 21 endorsement
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Congratulations. I've heard one of those before and they actually sound pretty good through a PA. Have you looked into the Diezel Zerrer? I think they're going to retail around $799-899, so pretty expensive. All solid state amp in a pedal, but very good sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                    We need a vid…..

You need a Tech 21 endorsement
                    No vid unless they are springing for it. Buy yeah, I do!

Comment

I looked at the YouTube videos on that
                      I looks cool as Crap

So it's sansamp for cleans and plexi for drive
                      With delay and reverb

Looks like as you said ultimate backup/recording amp

*(Sent from my durned phone!)*
                      EHD
                      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Man those tech21 vids sound good, the ones where they used the camera mic to record the sound as well as recorded the direct sound too. The direct sounds there sound really, really, REALLY good. Doesn't seem like you need to spend too much time dialing good stuff on this thing either. I bet a distortion box up front would cover the modern high gain sounds as well. I guess once enough of these are out there, getting one for $200 used wouldn't be so hard.

Comment

Working...
                        X