Two Slices of Bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Slices of Bread

This is my first experience with Catalinbread and I'm pretty impressed so far.

These pedals have a high quality feel and sound probably because they're hand made only a few at a time by Howard Gee and the boys and you can really see the attention to detail.

The Echorec is a recreation of the Binson Echorec from the 60's that Pink Floyd used to get all those trippy tube echo sounds. It had four heads spinning and a magnetic recorder that bounced the guitar signal around and (who am I trying to kid) I don't really understand it but it sounds cool as hell!

The Belle Epoch is a recreation of the EP3 Tape Echo effect unit that was use all through the 60's & 70's. It sounds pretty cool, kinda like analog delay with extras like tape crinkle and aged modulation.

There's some other Bread I'd like to try too, this might become a bread addiction!

On to the pics!!!

Last edited by ~Vintage~; 08-04-2014, 11:58 AM.

Re: Two Slices of Bread

I'm a big fan of their equipment and their mission, although I'm currently not owning any of it. I plan on a Karma Suture someday; I really like that pedal. The Echorec is amazing and now I sort of want the Belle Epoch too. There's super-secret settings on the BE I guess, btw. Probably a trimmer or two in the guts.
    Originally posted by Funkfingers
    Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

I owned a Formula 5 and a RAH, and they were absolutely fantastic. When I went to Paul Trombetta's house to buy one of his pedals, I got to play through his rig and he had a Belle Epoch and a Montavillian. They were fantastic and I'm really considering getting a Belle Epoch for my mini board. As much as I love the El Capistan and its features, the BE is just incredible.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

I had a Perseus octave splitter. It was a good pedal but I sold it because I really didn't have a use for it, or pedalboard real estate. It was well made and had some cool features for an octave fuzz.

sigpic

Comment

I'm more interested in the Triple wreck on that board. Also I have the CAE Wah as well but I rarely if ever use the boost.
          Originally posted by KBliss
          WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
          Originally posted by trevorus
          The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

The Belle Epoch is on my GAS list. It will be my next delay pedal to replace the reecho (which is half the price, but not half as good as the BE)
            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

CB does design some pretty awesome stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Surgeon View Post
                CB does design some pretty awesome stuff!
                I agree now that I've had my first taste. My want list from CB consists of .....:

1.Karma Suture
                2.Manx Loaghtan Fuzz
                3.Topanga Spring Reverb
                4.Naga Viper Treble Boost
                5.Montavillian Echo
                6.Dirty Little Secret MkII

Originally posted by jon the art guy View Post
                I'm a big fan of their equipment and their mission, although I'm currently not owning any of it. I plan on a Karma Suture someday; I really like that pedal. The Echorec is amazing and now I sort of want the Belle Epoch too. There's super-secret settings on the BE I guess, btw. Probably a trimmer or two in the guts.
                Yeah, that secret setting is the Easter Egg mode and I haven't messed with it yet. I originally heard that the Echorec was the only one that had it but recently heard that the Belle has it too. There's a gain trim pot in the B.E. and two trim pots in the Echorec, one for gain and one for modulation.
                Last edited by ~Vintage~; 08-04-2014, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Vintage~ View Post
                  I agree now that I've had my first taste. My want list from CB consists of .....:

1.Karma Suture
                  2.Manx Loaghtan Fuzz
                  3.Topanga Spring Reverb
                  4.Naga Viper Treble Boost
                  5.Montavillian Echo
                  6.Dirty Little Secret MkII

Yeah, that secret setting is the Easter Egg mode and I haven't messed with it yet. I originally heard that the Echorec was the only one that had it but recently heard that the Belle has it too.
                  You should add the galileo t"and the supercharged overdrive. Both are amazing.

Comment

Working...
                  X