What is a good A/B pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good A/B pedal?

I want the option of running my Avatar head and Dark Terror separately and at the same time in stereo.

Ideas?
    -IM

Re: What is a good A/B pedal?

I use.a.Morley ABY
    Fender makes one that looks identical to the Morley
    But red

*(Sent from my durned phone!)*
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Radial makes the BigShot and Twin City.

BYOC makes the Amp Selector and Stereo FX Router kit.

I prefer the BYOC kit over the BigShot because it has LEDs.
      MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
      Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

Lehle is expensive but quiet and awesomeness.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lehle-little-dual_01xl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	5780523
        Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
        Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

I bought a Behringer AB200 to switch between my two guitars. I also considered switching between my two amps as well but haven't tried that yet.
          Anyway, I've been using the gizmo for more than one year and never had problems of any kind.

Andrea
          It's high time that you find the same people you walked on on your way up you might meet up on your way down - Allen Toussaint

Comment

This IS the one to get!!

Get the guaranteed best price on Switch Effects Pedals like the Radial Engineering Tonebone Twin-City Active ABY Switcher at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of...

It will do everything you want plus everything you need but don't yet know that you need.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
              This IS the one to get!!

Get the guaranteed best price on Switch Effects Pedals like the Radial Engineering Tonebone Twin-City Active ABY Switcher at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of...

It will do everything you want plus everything you need but don't yet know that you need.
              Right on, I saw this on the Web sight but wasn't sure about it.

Comment

Get the DOD. It works like a champ and is dead simple
                 Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Always been a fan of Whirlwind for this stuff.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

i have the radial bigshot ABY. works great. it has more features than most that make noises go away and adjusts phase.

Comment

Radial Twin City for SURE. You will want an active box if your planning on running both at any time (this is right from the Radial rep himself). If you were just running one at a time the Bigshot would do you just fine, if you need LED's to tell you which is which you probably don't need both amps.

I am a little partial to Radial stuff, the **** is just quality and built like tanks, not to mention their customer support is top notch as well.
                      TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Fulltone make two versions - great ones called True-Path ABY, which are better than either the Lehle little dual and Radial big shot (e.g., big snot) I have both of them...

For what is it worth, that Radial create a slight thump that sounds like a deep click, that actual sounds like a BOOM when split into my Super Reverb and Celtic ‘Edana’… Same boom when using the Bassman driving Vibratone with another amp… BOOM. I don’t like it, which is why I purchased the Lehle… It works well, but I had to keep checking to see with it was actually switching, since the pedal was place in front of the two amps, and the sound level did not alway lend itself to ensuring that both or just one of those amps was pushing air!

I switched to and now use the True-Path ABY-HT (e.g., Hard Touch) no noise, static, hum etc… on one of my set-ups

My other setup uses a Pedal-Pallete.

In addition, I also use multi-effect pedals into the PA, that I leave for use at two different clubs (Busy, busy, busy…)

True-Path, the best ABY boxes money can buy, period. only 5.25" x 4" so it'll fit anywhere. Check out the True-Path ABY-ST & HT photo gallery for a closer look.

They are available at a number of online stores. PS: I am not a fan of Mike, so don’t start!
                        Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                        When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                        Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                        Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                        Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

I've never tried the Fulltone switchers so I can't comment other than their advertising hype makes them sound like they'd be great. Pretty expensive.

I've never heard the boom or click that you refer to in my Radial...not even the slightest. Not when I'm playing very quiet or very loud with lots of distortion or overdrive.
                          Originally Posted by IanBallard
                          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                            I've never tried the Fulltone switchers so I can't comment other than their advertising hype makes them sound like they'd be great. Pretty expensive.

I've never heard the boom or click that you refer to in my Radial...not even the slightest. Not when I'm playing very quiet or very loud with lots of distortion or overdrive.
                            I haven't heard anything with my inexpensive Morley either
                            Neither has my buddy who has the older one without the battery box or power supply jack

*(Sent from my durned phone!)*
                            EHD
                            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I used a Morley for a while but it sucked a lot of tone, and it also had a lot of bleed over from the A side to the B side. I was just about ready to pull the trigger on a Leh Le, but bought a Loopmaster instead. Here is a link....

Much better then the Morley, probably not as good as the Lehle but for what I do its just fine. I use two amps (a Komet 60 & a Bogner Shiva) Its quiet and allows me to setup the amp for what I need to do. Typically I use the Kn=omet for all of my cleans & the Shiva for all my drive.
                              "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                              "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...
                              X