Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pedal collector in a wheelchair. help lol

Originally posted by SeanPalmer View Post
    I guess if you could find a way to regulate voltage that very well could work... MIDI is out of my league when it comes to circuits.
    you mean like a battery?
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420, Ibanez RGA7, Ibanez RGD7421, Ibanez AFS75T 1993 Korean Squier Strat, Jackson MIJ DXMG, Yamaha APX500II
    Basses: Ibanez SR605
    Amp(s): Marshall JCM800 clone
    Seymour Duncan Pickups used: Pegasus, Sentient, Blackouts, JB, Jazz, Invader, Hotrails, Vintage Stack (tele set), Dave Mustaine Livewire,

Comment

I dunno if anybody mentioned this... But on and off footswitch is nothing but a physical relay. And you could route your guitar for 2 or 3 switches (think of Jazzmaster or 2 or 3 switch les paul - placing them is a bit tricky though) so that them switches would trigger a (more complicated and DC powered) relay on the floor that would activate (possibly combinations of) pedals. Think of footswitches of amps. The principle is the same...

That'd require a bit custom work though...

B
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
        I dunno if anybody mentioned this... But on and off footswitch is nothing but a physical relay. And you could route your guitar for 2 or 3 switches (think of Jazzmaster or 2 or 3 switch les paul - placing them is a bit tricky though) so that them switches would trigger a (more complicated and DC powered) relay on the floor that would activate (possibly combinations of) pedals. Think of footswitches of amps. The principle is the same...

That'd require a bit custom work though...

B
        pretty much my idea... but no midi involvement... that would be a lot of wire in and out of my guitar though.
        Guitars: Ibanez RG420, Ibanez RGA7, Ibanez RGD7421, Ibanez AFS75T 1993 Korean Squier Strat, Jackson MIJ DXMG, Yamaha APX500II
        Basses: Ibanez SR605
        Amp(s): Marshall JCM800 clone
        Seymour Duncan Pickups used: Pegasus, Sentient, Blackouts, JB, Jazz, Invader, Hotrails, Vintage Stack (tele set), Dave Mustaine Livewire,

Comment

Originally posted by epi View Post
          pretty much my idea... but no midi involvement... that would be a lot of wire in and out of my guitar though.
          Yeah, without some kind of digital thing (e.g. uh.... MIDI) that is going to be an issue. One possibility would be to go with a Roland Guitar Synth type cable (13 Pin GKC-5). These are easily available of ebay. That would give you (with earth) capacity for up to 12 momentary switches at the guitar end which (running with Dr Barlo's idea') would go to a relay box on the floor. The relay box would simply contain loops that would be toggled on or off (latched) as a given switch was pressed. This arrangement would allow you to toggle up to 12 pedals in and out.

13 pin Cable - (http://www.roland.co.uk/products/pro...ails.aspx?p=91)
          Click image for larger version

Name:	mJBZ_qnXJ4g5gt43Br8h_LQ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	5780891

Matching sockets (harder to find) - http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/ind...?topic=11183.0

Name:	1379535723_308720957_DIN13_FEMALE_GUMBO.jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	5780892

For switches, something like 'minature spst momentary switches'

Name:	spst.jpg
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	5780893

You press them and, rather than toggle, they come straight back up. I would try hooking up a bunch of these switches and a socket into a low profile case that could be velcro'd (or whatever) onto the front of the guitar. If you are sitting all the time then it probably isn't at much risk of being yanked off the front.

The floor box end is more tricky and needs more thought ...
          Last edited by jimsreynolds; 09-16-2014, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Yeah, for the floor device something based multiples of a a circuit like R G Keen's bypass in the diagram below (though I think this relies on non-momentary switches). Dual state relays (which work better with momentary switches) are available but I don't immediately see a circuit out there - there almost certainly is one.

Source page with more info

Of course this depends on you being happy to do the build work and soldering. Alternatively, what you need now is a hookup with the local tech college (or place where they teach electronics) and set them a challenge to build you something with all these ideas as input

Finally, as a MIDI alternative, google 'Arduino MIDI Controller'. Arduino are cheap embedded control boards that are programmable at home by hobbyists. Getting one of those into a case with a bunch of buttons and a midi socket, programmed to send MIDI PC Or CC messages, would allow you to control one of the MIDI Loop devices described earlier (Voodoo Lab GCX or a cheapo Joyo PCX).
            Last edited by jimsreynolds; 09-16-2014, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Or alternatively, there is this which seems just the ticket on the face of it ... http://www.guitarworld.com/livids-gu...bassists-video

Comment

Working...
              X