NTBD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTBD

New treble booster on the way. Pretty much bought on a whim (although I've wanted one for many years). Been listening to a lot of late 60's/early 70's stuff and I couldn't stand it any longer - I have to try a TB through some of my tube amps now. I tried to build a rangemaster clone once (around 2004) but it was a disaster.

This was on the bay for a decent price (a bit higher than I thought I'd find one, but I didn't want to go too junky on this particular effect), so without further adieu....

Goin' for this kinda thing:

Last edited by DankStar; 09-07-2014, 09:32 PM.

Re: NTBD

cool pedal, congrats

wow that leaf hound tune sounds great! I applaud your switch to this direction by buying new gear

Comment

If you use spotify, the remastered version of the album sounds a lot better!

Nothing sparks inspirato like some near gear, huh.

Comment

no doubt...

I just need to use my new gear though, it inspires yet is not used! I have latin drums and blues drums ezdrummer and a videocamera laying around for months that I need to use...

I listen to almost all music through spotify, that album is killer, thanks!!

Comment

Are those ez expansions worth the cost? I've thought about getting a classic/early rock type one.

Comment

Germanium boost ... nice. Chandler makes a nice one as well.
            I have a passel of boosts (ThunderTomate, z.vex, AnaolgMan, Greer, Catalinbread, others) and much prefer them to overdrive pedals, though it makes the volume MUCH louder to get the same degree of crunch!

Looking forward to reading your impressions.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
              Are those ez expansions worth the cost? I've thought about getting a classic/early rock type one.
              ya, for expanding your horizons

but not worth it for pro sounding drums though really

I was thinking about this, so I used my ezdrummer industrial expansion today, edit: not so satisfied with the results I must say
              Last edited by everdrone; 09-10-2014, 10:29 PM.

Comment

yeah, it definitely works its magic when its gain is maxed and the amp is up pretty loud. It works well with my tube PA, which is dark by nature. I still need to try with other amps and guitars, but I did a quick test and made up a riff so I guess that accounts for something (not the best example for this kind of sound but whatever).

Here's the riff without, then with the treble booster (not as crunchy as I can get it, but if I go much more the volume would kill the mic input on my phone):

I think it'll be a nice addition to the stable.
                Last edited by DankStar; 09-10-2014, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Tried with a few other amps - seems a bit picky on which ones it likes.

Nonetheless, here's a little riff with the hybrid kicked in:

I think this was the germanium side, but the front pickup:

this is just a dumb riff that would sound better with heavier gain but was made up using the pedal:

On another note, it actually works well with a humbucker & my JTM30 (searing 70s-esque lead tone), which is usually pretty finicky with pedals. I'll spare everyone the clips.
                  Last edited by DankStar; 09-12-2014, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X