banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any pedal builders out there doing older boss copies????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any pedal builders out there doing older boss copies????

So I've been pricing some of the tweaked boss HM2 pedal copies out there and the prices are so high I'd rather commission someone to build me my dream boss pedal, An HM2 Hyper Fuzz in one housing, not so much worried about all the knobs and the top boost the FUZZ has, anyone here know anyone who can tackle this for me????

Re: Any pedal builders out there doing older boss copies????

I like that idea. Where have you found HM-2 clones?

Comment

Have you tried the Behringer copies on these? I use my fz2's boost over any other part of it as it's got a parametric eq attached. Slam that hm2 with the right frequencies.
      Originally posted by Funkfingers
      Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

A friend of mine has a hangman, a 250 dollar Hm2 copy, being built for him right now, problem is he's been waiting four months for the thing, they are awesome pedals though...

Comment

I'm afraid I'd kill the behringers.....I need stuff that's built to be tossed at the wall Randy Johnson style...

Comment

Ah that's brutal. I'd suggest a rehouse into a BB housing if you can source the pedals. The Behringers would work if you rewired the pots offboard or just find the originals. the HM2 is a big job to handbuild due to more specialized components.

Comment

I built an HM2 a month or two ago... no buffer though, just true-bypass. Sounds good but I have no way of knowing if it really sounds like the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Surgeon View Post
                I built an HM2 a month or two ago... no buffer though, just true-bypass. Sounds good but I have no way of knowing if it really sounds like the original.
                Turn up the knobs all the way and see if it sounds like this:

or this:

(If it's too noisy, a better way is to turn the gain all the way down and use the H and L knobs as a Pre-EQ into a distorted amp.)

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                @ArizonaVoters

Comment

and I'd recommend rehousing a Behringer too. The Behringer pedals are about 95% copies of the Boss pedals, and you can always cover the last 5% with your playing style.

Twitter:
                  @ArizonaVoters

Comment

is your idea just for convenience, or for the true bypass option?
                    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                      is your idea just for convenience, or for the true bypass option?
                      I think the general consensus is that the Behringer pedals seem quite fragile. They're fine for home use but I'd probably want something stronger for playing live.

Twitter:
                      @ArizonaVoters

Comment

There are PCBs out there for HM2 clones but they're long boards that need to go into MXR flanger size 1590BB enclosures and take up all that space so fitting another pedal in there might be tricky.
                        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

It'd be easy with behringers. It'd pretty much only fit a handwired hm2 off of a vero layout.

Comment

Also, I dunno what one would sound like true bypass...boss pedals are all buffered, aren't they?
                            Anyhoo lats, before you lay the scratch down for a handbuilt job I suggest paying the $25 for each of the hm300 and fz300 behringer pedals and see how you jibe with them mixing. The fz only operates as a boost for me on guitar; it's screaming harmonic boosting makes more than 3 strings barf out. On bass I love it; It's like a moog.
                            The problem with the behringers that make them fragile isnt the plastic case but that the pots are mounted to the pcb and the switch is a tiny thing. You can take the pedal, unmount the pots and run wires off the board to good pots and a decent heavy duty switch. Again, dunno about the buffering...

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
                              Turn up the knobs all the way and see if it sounds like this:

or this:

(If it's too noisy, a better way is to turn the gain all the way down and use the H and L knobs as a Pre-EQ into a distorted amp.)
                              I know all about this but to me youtube clips mean nothing when it comes to comparing pedals objectively...sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X