Analog multi-modulation pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analog multi-modulation pedal?

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a fan of digital modulation pedals and REALLY not a fan of Digital multi-modulation units (excluding some high end units).

I've got a Hardwire TR7 pedal that I use for Rotary, Vibe, and Tremolo effects. The versatility is good but it puts this "film" over the sound - sort of a buzz that's hard to describe but I don't like it.

What I'd really like is an analog multi-modulation pedal that will do Rotary, Vibe, and Tremolo effects.

I have an older pink label MIJ Super Chorus that's analog and I like it well enough, plus I add a wide chorus to the sound sometimes for a "spacious" effect so I'd like to keep that separate. I've never really found a phaser or flanger that I'm 100% happy with so no need for that.

I know there's high quality digital units out there like the Strymon Mobius, but I don't think i need that much tweakability. I'd never run out of sounds, that's for sure.

The Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe comes close with the trem and vibe effects, but it's got a chorus and I don't need one.

If i have to resort to individual pedals, so be it, but I wanted to see if anyone out there knew of a decent multi-modulation pedal that will do at least Rotary, Vibe, and Tremolo effects. Doesn't have to be expensive, just has to sound good.

Any suggestions?

Re: Analog multi-modulation pedal?

I good univibe can cop rotary-ish sounds, and if it throbs hard enough it can kind of do trem...but I don't really use a trem so I don't know what sounds good lol.

I used to have 3 phasers, a chorus, flange... Now I just use an oxvibe and keep it simple. Maybe the ehx worm? Or wiggler? Which ever one has the tube in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Oh yeah, the Wiggler is a really good sounding pedal!
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

IMO, you should just get the Mobius. You'll save yourself time and money in the long run.
        Custom neck-thru strat
        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
        1995 PRS CE24
        D'avanzo #8
        Breedlove Solo Concert
        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
        1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
        Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Red Witch Deluxe Moon Phaser has three phaser, two tremophase, and one tremolo setting. Analog and sounds pretty good to me.
          Empress Nebulus has more, sounds great, but it's digital.

Comment

Not quite a rotary effect but a great analog trem

Comment

Originally posted by El Supremo View Post
              Red Witch Deluxe Moon Phaser has three phaser, two tremophase, and one tremolo setting. Analog and sounds pretty good to me.
              Oh yeah, another outstanding pedal. Probably better than the Wiggler! It's not really a Univibe, but the "Tremovibe" is a decent imitation. The Phaser is thick and chewy and the tremolo is smooth.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

None of them are really analog but the bbd chipped ones have fewer stages of clean digitality so they are pretty homogenized. The Strymons are the apex of recreating these chipsets IMO as they're designed specifically to make the audio stages match up better.

Or something.
                Originally posted by Funkfingers
                Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

I don't think there's a analog multi mod pedal out there, you could try getting the malekko trem & mxr m68 univibe chorus vibrato pedal, might not end up taking too much space. Haven't tried those two but i'm on the lookout for a trem myself, been looking at the garagetone tremolo.

Comment

Chasebliss Audio makes this amazing pedal called the Warped Vinyl that is part vibe, part chorus, part awesomeness.
                    Originally posted by Rockstar216
                    Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

Originally posted by Nacho8807 View Post
                      Chasebliss Audio makes this amazing pedal called the Warped Vinyl that is part vibe, part chorus, part awesomeness.
                      Originally posted by Rockstar216
                      Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

The best analog mod pedal I have ever played in my MOOG MF-108M. The LFO control is a game changer. No one does analog like MOOG.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions, folks.

I think after some deliberation I'm going to get a separate tremolo pedal. I think an Analogman-modded TR2 will suit me well. They're small, simple and I've always liked that pedal.

Now to look for a rotary/vibe pedal - I'll do some research out there on what's available that will do both.

Comment

It is not analog but look at the Neo Ventilator. It is the best sounding rotary on the market

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                              The best analog mod pedal I have ever played in my MOOG MF-108M. The LFO control is a game changer. No one does analog like MOOG.

That's a good call.

I had a wiggler for a while. I thought it was super cool and sounded great, but the form factor and power requirements were issues.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X