Basic Seymour Duncan pedalboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Seymour Duncan pedalboard

So about a month ago a bought a vapor trail analog delay and loved it so much it gave me an idea. Thanks to not being on the naughty list this Xmas I received from my long suffering wife an 805 overdrive, dirty deeds distortion and a nano pedaltrain pedalboard to keep them tidy and safe on the way to practice. I've been meaning to put a simple board together and the new Seymour Duncan pedals gave me a great opportunity. I haven't played them yet in a band context, but my initial observations are as follows (played through a Mesa Lonestar and Fender Pro Junior):

Vapor Trail- warm but well defined. Does everything I'd want from an analog delay. Great for some slap back, ambience to fill out a solo through to Pink Floyd style tones that are reminiscent of The Wall era tones. The biggest surprise was how usable the modulation tones are. They take you from a slight tape delay warble through to a very nice fast oscillation that sounds like a univibe. Nails the intro to Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and in the ball park of No Quarter. Haven't tried the 'wet insert' function or been able to keep a straight face thinking about it.

805 Overdrive- again warm and clear (see the common theme here?). Takes you all the way from clean boost through to full overdrive. I really like the 3 band active eq to provide boosted mids, scooped mids or to warm up a bright Strat or help tighten up a dark humbucker guitar. Very nice on its own but incredible boosting an overdriven amp and stacks great with the dirty deeds.

Dirty Deed- a lot of gain on tap but really surprised how bluesy the tones are with a vintage output strat. With my 57 reissue I was getting some awesome Cream era Clapton and some Jeff Beckish leads when picking with my fingers. Gives a great classic rock crunch tone with a Les Paul and leads are very Bonamassa when combined with the 805. There is probably more gain than I need on this pedal and I keep the gain below 12 o clock with my humbuckers. With single coils winding up the gain gives a nice fat lead tone. For a distortion pedal the tones are very amp like and respond very well to changes in volume, picking dynamics and also reacts well to a range of different guitars, allowing their individual tones to shine through.

Overall I'm really looking forward to practicing in a band situation with these guys, they really seem to have my core tones covered (I really like classic rock, blues and 80s hard rock and they cover these bases). I'm very impressed how the pedals all work together, especially how the 805 and dirty deeds stack and compliment each other. There was recently a post that asked what pedals you would gig with if you could only have three, well these would be my choices. Great job Seymour Duncan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	5835408

Re: Basic Seymour Duncan pedalboard

Very nice work. I'd add a pickup booster if it were me. make it a nice even number.
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

My next pedal is SD's new four-knob compressor. I can't wait.
      Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
      Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
        Wait, what?
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Say whaaaaaat?

Guess I'll have to wait for NAMM!

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
            Say whaaaaaat?

Is it nearly that time already?
            Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
              Say whaaaaaat?

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Its already on the SD Site!
              Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
              I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
              Andrew - None

Comment

To the OP, nice board. You've got a lot of bases covered there.

Comment

Love the 3-pedal board. Enjoy!!
                  Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                  My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Oh man, I thought they would go with the name I picked: Clamp Stamp.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                    X