Dual New Pedal Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual New Pedal Day

For the past couple of years I have slowed down significantly in my pedal purchases as virtually every niche is filled and most of my pedal purchases these days are for very specific applications. The last pedal I purchased was last year, the JCollocia Horus foundation/light OD/boost.

I made 2 pedal purchases this week, and am REALLY stoked about them!

The first one was purchased from forum bro RockStarNick: a Bogner Harlow. I haven't played the pedal yet, so I only have the clips I have heard to go on, and am hoping it sounds nearly as nice as it does in the clips! I need another boost pedal like I need another hole in my head (my current load out of boosts includes: z.vex SHO, Thundertomate Fat Boost, Greer Sweetback, JCollocia Horus, Catalinbread Naga Viper, AnalogMan Beano Boost), but the appeal of the comp/boost will save having to add another pedal into my recording chain, and the colorations from the Neve OT should be pretty special; at least, I've loved most every clip I've heard of the Bogner/Neve pedals.

The build quality on the Harlow is SICK; possibly the nicest build quality/presentation of any pedal I have ever owned. It has a very sexy/tactile feel, hefty weight, brilliant packaging, just a great looking pedal all round. Really looking forward to firing it up today!

The second one is possibly the most superfluous pedal purchase I have ever made: the Strymon Deco. I fell in love with this pedal from the first demo and have resisted purchasing it until now. I purchased it from my favorite guitar store, Ludlow Guitars, in NYC. The Deco is also a color-box, instantly changing your tone when you plug into it. All of the effects range from extremely subtle to mild (aside from the tonal coloration).

Build quality if first-rate and the pedal is quite lightweight, though I it gets noticeably warm after it's been on for a while.

Test clips coming soon.

Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Re: Dual New Pedal Day

Congrats, I'm especially curious of the harlow, let us know how you like it!

Comment

Quick sound clip

Comment

Very cool! I very nearly contacted Nick about the Harlow but held back due to the Christmas spend... Nicks a really cool guy to deal with. Great demo.

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
          Very cool! I very nearly contacted Nick about the Harlow but held back due to the Christmas spend... Nicks a really cool guy to deal with. Great demo.
          Agreed, and I said as much in his thread on the Trading Post. Thanks for your kind words about the demo ... it's just a quick-and-dirty thing.

Comment

Working...
          X