banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with an Uberschall? (The pedal.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with an Uberschall? (The pedal.)

When I hit the "On" switch, the gain goes through the roof. Almost doesn't matter where the actual "gain" knob is set. It's like, over-the-top, or even-more-over-the-top. There's no medium ground. Then there's the "Boost" switch. Are you serious? Boost!? So, our output choices are square wave, or even more square wave? And let's not forget . . . there's a mini-volume knob for the volume knob. In case you didn't have enough gain to begin with.

Seriously folks . . . who uses one of these? Successfully? What's your rig. What do you play? Should I try to find my peace with this thang, or just sell it?

I want to love it, but, I'm not.

Opinions?

Artie

P.S. I just realized that "uberschall" is the German word for Super Sonic. Yup. I agree.

Re: What to do with an Uberschall? (The pedal.)

seems to be the one that's always for sale, and cheaper than the others

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
      seems to be the one that's always for sale, and cheaper than the others
      Yup. It's over the top. I'm curious to who uses one of these successfully.

Comment

trade the uberschall for a Digitech Death Metal, at least the gain of the DM is usable and you can actually lower the volume

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
          When I hit the "On" switch, the gain goes through the roof. Almost doesn't matter where the actual "gain" knob is set. It's like, over-the-top, or even-more-over-the-top. There's no medium ground. Then there's the "Boost" switch. Are you serious? Boost!? So, our output choices are square wave, or even more square wave? And let's not forget . . . there's a mini-volume knob for the volume knob. In case you didn't have enough gain to begin with.

Seriously folks . . . who uses one of these? Successfully? What's your rig. What do you play? Should I try to find my peace with this thang, or just sell it?

Opinions?

Artie

P.S. I just realized that "uberschall" is the German word for Super Sonic. Yup. I agree.
          Modify it, get that gain under control.
          sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
          - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

That's odd, My Uberschall pedal just barely gets into high gain territory. In fact, it has less gain than my Extasy Red.

Mine's an older one. Is your's new or fairy new? I wonder if there has been a revision. Then again, you might have a component that went haywire.
            Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

The uberschall pedal I had did not have as much gain as I expected. Seemed to be around jcm800 territory. I was disappointed in it and returned it.

Comment

Yup, I played with one, even stuck an overdrive in front of it, and wasn't impressed.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                @ArizonaVoters

Comment

How are you running it? I totally agree with the last three people that posted. It didn't blow me away with gain at all. Honestly, I think my Blackstar HT-5's have more distortion..

Comment

Originally posted by EDX View Post
                    trade the uberschall for a Digitech Death Metal, at least the gain of the DM is usable and you can actually lower the volume
                    Got one already.

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
                    Modify it, get that gain under control.
                    I hear what you're saying, but I don't really want to alter a pedal that's this expensive.

Originally posted by Gone_Shootin View Post
                    That's odd, My Uberschall pedal just barely gets into high gain territory. In fact, it has less gain than my Extasy Red.

Mine's an older one. Is your's new or fairy new? I wonder if there has been a revision. Then again, you might have a component that went haywire.
                    Originally posted by man-in-moon View Post
                    The uberschall pedal I had did not have as much gain as I expected. Seemed to be around jcm800 territory. I was disappointed in it and returned it.
                    Originally posted by dominus View Post
                    Yup, I played with one, even stuck an overdrive in front of it, and wasn't impressed.
                    Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                    How are you running it? I totally agree with the last three people that posted. It didn't blow me away with gain at all. Honestly, I think my Blackstar HT-5's have more distortion..
                    Ok. Now you all have me wondering. I start with the knobs at "noon", then tweak from there. Maybe it's not a good match for my H&K 60-watt SS. Let me get my Bogner amp back into the mix and I'll play with it some more.

Artie

Comment

I was pretty sure it wouldn't be what you were looking for when you had announced the purchase.

I don't know exactly what kind of music you play, but unless it's modern metal, you'd be better off with a more classic sounding OD. See if you can find someone to trade your Uber for their Blue XTC. That one is more like a plexi with any gain level you want.
                      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Opinions?

Artie

Sounds like my kind of pedal. If you can't come up with a better solution, pm me and maybe we can work something out.

Comment

This is strange. I'm noodling on it again today, with my "new" Iceman, (thanks again Trey), and it doesn't seem to have as much gain as I remembered from last week. In fact, it sounds pretty good if I roll the midrange control around to 3-o'clock. I'm going to have to play with this thing some more. Still not sure if it's my cup 'o tea.

I'll let you know first, Demanic.

Comment

No hurry.

Comment

Working...
                            X