Lookin for a good noise gate.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookin for a good noise gate.....

Im gettin a lot of feedback. As the title suggests im lookin for a noise gate. Whats your guys reccomendations? Ive heard good things about the isp desimator? Any others?

Re: Lookin for a good noise gate.....

The G string seems to be a favorite.

If you don't mind me asking, are you using active pckups, and how much gain are you trying to use?

Comment

Mine doesn't get used a lot, but I like the mxr smart gate.
      Sellin' car parts to buy guitar parts.

Comment

No i have passive pups. And im runnin about 75% gain on the amp and about 50% gain on the od pedal

Comment

And ive heard alot of good things about the g string but its a bit out of my price range.

Comment

Not trying to be an ass at all, but if I set my amps gain to 75% and kicked it with about 50% of what an OCD has on tap, I'm going to be in squeal city too.

Try taking your gain down a bit, turn your treble and bass knobs down, and turn the amps volume up a little more. That should help, but it's probably not what you are looking for.

Comment

I've tried a few different brands, and I always end up coming back to my Boss NS-2 hooked up like this:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	vh100rnoise.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	5784126
              sigpic
              Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

The ISP Decimator is the cheaper version without a loop , but the G String is the way to go by far. Spend the cash and get the better one you won't regret it. I have both V1s and would like to get both V2s.
                Originally posted by Oinkus
                I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

Working...
                X