NPD - Mad Professor 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD - Mad Professor 1

So I have been using an Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff and love it. But I just got a Mad Professor 1 and absolutely love it! Great to switch between the Metal Muff. Still waiting on a Golden Cello but I am absolutely loving this 1 pedal! Anyone else use it?

Re: NPD - Mad Professor 1

Yes! I got it really cheap from Guitar Center and thought it would be kind of a novelty to get the EVH sound. It does so much more. I really dig it!
    "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” --John Lennon

Comment

I missed out on the clearance, I really wanted to nab one.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Definitely so much more than the "EVH sound"...this pedal is awesome! I love it with the Metal Muff because the Metal Muff is so clear and cutting while the 1 is super warm and dirty without being muddy. And the Reverb is super nice, IMO, on the 1. If you can get one, I highly recommend it.

Comment

LOL, I just bought one & got an awesome deal on it too! $90, brand new & shipped! I also primarily use a Metal Muff as my main dirt pedal but I keep a Soul Food in front of it for a clean boost when I'm playing loud & for a tad of extra gain & tone? Also it works well to trick my amp into thinking I'm playing loud when I'm not? Anyway, I also thought it would be one of those pedals that I take down every once in a while to get "The Brown Sound" but this thing is super versatile! I haven't found anything it cant do yet, especially if I either leave the Soul Food in front of it like the M.M. or lose the soul food & use both the Mad Prof. & M.M.T.B. together for crazy high gain stuff!!! I really can't say enough good things about it, if it wasn't the last one I prob. would have bought more than one so I'd have a backup or some to flip on my eBay store!!! I've seen them being sold for as much as $179.99 in my local music shop & $120-$170 online, $90 was a steal!!! It's def. a lot more than just a E.V.H. Brown Sound emulator, it's almost everything you could ask for in a Classic High Gain Distortion pedal! Oh, did I mention it also has reverb? This is another really cool feature! Reverb doesn't show up on a lot of dirt pedals but it prob. should & it def. works well with this 1!!! I'm one of those guys who if available, will leave my verb on about 4-6 all the time & then use stomp boxes on top of the amp or pedal signal? So using mostly Fender amps growing up I kind of got used to using reverb & distortion together, I act. grew to rather like that sound but never found it in one pedal that could be used with an amp without reverb! Now I got all that in a little box & it can take even the most American sounding Amplifiers & make them sound VERY, VERY British!!! VERY, VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

They are very cool pedals, I like them but my go to for that sound is the purple plexi...

Comment

Man, sweet deal! Congrats! Gonna see if I can dig one up in my travels today ...
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I bought mine used and won the bidding for pretty cheap on eBay (like the $65-$70 range) and absolutely love it. I will say, after adding the Golden Cello I go back and forth....the Golden Cello is an awesome pedal but I think its a misnomer.

Comment

Originally posted by LatsMcGee View Post
                  They are very cool pedals, I like them but my go to for that sound is the purple plexi...
                  I found the Purple Plexi to be a pretty awesome pedal too... Although, it was a little bit picky when it came to the amplifiers it was going to be pushing? I have a bunch of different VOX, Fender, Ibanez, & Orange tube amps & also a couple Fender S.S.'s, I found the pedal worked better with a amp that doesn't necessarily have a lot of head room? In other words it sounded better out of a British rig than most of my American ones, I.E.-Fenders? It did sound really good out of my 6V6 15w Tube Screamer head/cab as well as my Tube Screamer TS30 head/cab, same amp but 30 watts & a 2x12 cabinet? it also sounds really good out of my S.S. Princeton Chorus & oddly enough my tube driven Twin Reverb reissue, but awful out of other Fenders! I tried a vintage 1x12 Tweed, a 4x10 Bassman, my little Champion 600, a 22w Supersonic, & even my X2 Super Champ? I don't know why but the useable sounds from those amps were few & far between! I'm pretty surprised the Purple Plexi & X2 head/cab sound was so terrible? That amp is set up for modeling so it can do a lot of stuff pretty good & nothing perfect!!! Even using Fuse's advanced amp settings didn't help & out of all my fenders that one is prob. the most versatile? All the models were useless, just the Blackface setting sounded the best & it was nothing to write home about? With the Mad Prof. I can go from one amp to another & then to another, just by making 1 or 2 simple adjustments I'll get a really great tone & plenty of BROWN!!! Out of my VOX NT50 G1, AC-15HW, AC-15 T.B. Twin, & AC-30 T.B. pure magic!!!! It also worked pretty well with my little Orange amp, that thing has almost no headroom but if you set the gain so the amp is just breaking up a little bit, you know that "Dirty Clean Sound", & put the Purple Plexi in front of it on the floor it ROARS!!! I think the best thing about the Mad Prof. is it's ability to make ANY amp sound like a "Brown Sound Plexi" but it can also do so, so, sooooooo much more!!! I'm figuring out new stuff to do with it everyday, best pedal I've bought since, well the last pedal I bought???? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X