bad bob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad bob

Im gassing for one to drive my JTM style amp.
    I like the beano, but gawd it hisses loudly!
    Is the bob noisy?
    Does its have that friggin high frequency buzz that all dirt pedals have which eventually drives you insane?
    Talk to me if you have used one
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Re: bad bob

my buddy has had his for years and really likes it, not very noisy

Comment

I'm just posting this since it's relevant to your thread, and also because I know you've got to dig Robben Ford.

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

If you have a hissy Beano drop Mike an email, he can fix a lot of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

thanks. I dont thinks its broken or anything. Its just that i'm boosting signal and treble into a pretty hot amplifier at venues with pretty dodgy wiring. Its ok when im playing at home. Even my guitars with humbuckers hum at one particular venue.
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

My Bad Bob is quiter than my Beano, but I prefer the Beano. For a full range boost, I also prefer the SHO ...
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

yeh the sho is pretty cool. i have used that in the past with different amps. Getting another one is a possibility.
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Love my SHO. My Beano is great too but with open back combos cutting low end is a bad thing IMO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

yeah. i like open cabs too.
                  meh...this amp sounds pretty great with anything that i plug into it that boosts the signal. i should stop looking for the holy grail and just use what i have.
                  Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Oh, I don't know about that.

By my last count I have about 10 boost pedals, and while I have some overlap, they all impart their own character to my tone. Also depends on application. The Beano is great on a Les Paul neck pickup, less great (for me) on a Strat bridge ...

I think it's worth the effort to find the perfect boost, but you are right in one respect: the "perfect boost" is more likely to be a few that you switch around.
                    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Lol! Damn you! Why did you have to go and say that!
                      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
                      X