Am I the only one who wants a Deco ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one who wants a Deco ?

The more i listen . . . the more i 'need' one !!!

Who else like this little box ?
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Re: Am I the only one who wants a Deco ?

. . . yup, gotta get one !
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

Comment

I have one. Love it!!

You wll use it all the time. Best of all it will not replace your Space Echo because they are very different beasts.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
        I have one. Love it!!

You wll use it all the time. Best of all it will not replace your Space Echo because they are very different beasts.

Brilliant . . . thanx for the info !

What is your fav settings ?
        How do you like to use it ?

Comment

I dont need one but damn I want one.

Comment

I can see this working for someone who wants a compact multi fx pedal with more classic subtle sounds. Might be even cooler to apply to a band mix.

Comment

Seems like it would be fun in a mix-down setting.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                Seems like it would be fun in a mix-down setting.
                I will be using mine on the 2 bus for my next mix, but that is only because I am mixing in analog. If you are mixing in the box, there are plenty of tape saturation plugins that are less expensive and much easier to use. The DECO does have its own sound, however, and it's very different from my Kramer Master Tape, for example.

To capture a 'recorded on tape' feel, however, just strapping tape saturation across the 2 bus is generally considered to not be as effective as using it on every instrument bus, or even better, on each individual track when recording.

In my opinion, the DECO, while sounding very nice, is also very dark sounding and not as versatile as a great tape saturation plugin if you are going to use it in this fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
                  Brilliant . . . thanx for the info !

What is your fav settings ?
                  The entire range of the unit is great, depending on what you are looking for: saturation, overdrive, echo, chorus, flange; it does it all, and does it well.

How do you like to use it ?
                  Thus far I have used it with guitar and then mic'd the results and also as part of my reamp chain for bass. The DECO + Golden Age Pre-73 is my favourite DI tone to date.

Comment

I will be using mine on the 2 bus for my next mix, but that is only because I am mixing in analog. If you are mixing in the box, there are plenty of tape saturation plugins that are less expensive and much easier to use. The DECO does have its own sound, however, and it's very different from my Kramer Master Tape, for example.

To capture a 'recorded on tape' feel, however, just strapping tape saturation across the 2 bus is generally considered to not be as effective as using it on every instrument bus, or even better, on each individual track when recording.

In my opinion, the DECO, while sounding very nice, is also very dark sounding and not as versatile as a great tape saturation plugin if you are going to use it in this fashion.
                    The entire range of the unit is great, depending on what you are looking for: saturation, overdrive, echo, chorus, flange; it does it all, and does it well.

Thus far I have used it with guitar and then mic'd the results and also as part of my reamp chain for bass. The DECO + Golden Age Pre-73 is my favourite DI tone to date.

Thank You Very Much for the great info.

I am now deff getting one !

Comment

It's always difficult with YouTube clips, but to me it sounds like it's able to pull off a convincing echo without muddying up the dry signal?
                      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
                      X