banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colored/Painted Boards - Let's see them!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colored/Painted Boards - Let's see them!

Black boards are so boring. Let's see your non-black pedalboards!

I am in the process of repainting my PT-Nano. I painted it a seafoam-ish green a few years ago, but I didn't do that great a job so I stripped it down to the aluminum and I'm waiting for the clear to dry so I can paint the back. Here's what it looked like in the last color:

Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Re: Colored/Painted Boards - Let's see them!

Silver is a color, isn't it?

Originally posted by LesStrat
    make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
    My Music

Comment

Jordan that looks cool. I don't know why but I always thought you had a bigger board. I thought you went on a buying spree a while back.

Comment

Oh I do have a bigger board. That is from a two months period where I downsized from a PT-1 to the nano. I was gigging and practicing a lot in those days, and the big board was just too much for me. After that band broke up, I went back to the PT-1 and eventually went to the biggest board that NYC Pedalboards make outside of custom stuff. It looks like this:

I did go on a buying spree over the last week though, and I've got some of the parts in, but not everything. I'm waiting until the board is finished to do a reveal.

Alec: I dig that board. Is that one of the limited run pedaltrains that came stock in that color? I actually thought about painting my nano that color but I decided on a metallic instead.
        Custom neck-thru strat
        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
        1995 PRS CE24
        D'avanzo #8
        Breedlove Solo Concert
        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12

Comment

Originally posted by aleclee View Post
          Silver is a color, isn't it?

So simple yet functional what a nice setup

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
            Alec: I dig that board. Is that one of the limited run pedaltrains that came stock in that color? I actually thought about painting my nano that color but I decided on a metallic instead.
            Yeah. It's one of the ones bundled with a kickass MONO soft case. When I decided to put together a board around the new Atomic Amplifire, I decided to go with a case that a bit more posh than the standard Pedaltrain bag but easier on the back than a hard case.

Originally posted by Securb View Post
            So simple yet functional what a nice setup
            Thanks! When I put it together, I realized that I hadn't seen many boards with that much whitespace. It's still super-functional, though. The Amplifire is a very capable pedal all by itself. When paired with the H9, things can get nuts.
            My Music

Comment

Well I wanted to wait until I got the board assembled, but I'm impatient as hell. It's drying right now and should be ready to hold pedals on a day or two.

Dat metallic tho
              Custom neck-thru strat
              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
              1995 PRS CE24
              D'avanzo #8
              Breedlove Solo Concert
              1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

Just thought I'd share the finished product. I love how this looks, it's so much better than the standard black. What a PITA to dremel this thing down to the bare metal though.

Custom neck-thru strat
                1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                1995 PRS CE24
                D'avanzo #8
                Breedlove Solo Concert
                1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

good job bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                    Oh I do have a bigger board. That is from a two months period where I downsized from a PT-1 to the nano. I was gigging and practicing a lot in those days, and the big board was just too much for me. After that band broke up, I went back to the PT-1 and eventually went to the biggest board that NYC Pedalboards make outside of custom stuff. It looks like this:

I did go on a buying spree over the last week though, and I've got some of the parts in, but not everything. I'm waiting until the board is finished to do a reveal.

Hey. I'm just curious what brand that yellow, longer cable is... and where'd you find it?

Comment

No idea what brand it is, Disaster Area included it when I bought the Midi controller.
                      Custom neck-thru strat
                      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                      1995 PRS CE24
                      D'avanzo #8
                      Breedlove Solo Concert
                      1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

Looks kinda like a TRS cable I bought from MF in a multi(color) pack a few years ago.
                        My Music

Comment

How do you like the disaster Area midi switcher? Was considering getting one.
                          '79 Strat, '84 Pacer, '98 Wolfgangs, '08 SanDimas, '09 SanDimas.

Marshall 2205, 6100, 6100LM, JMP-1, EL84 20/20, VHT 2502, assorted 4X12 & 2X12 Cabs.
                          A smattering of some little boxes, and a couple mounted lighty up things.

Comment

It's fantastic, I absolutely love it. I wish I could have fit the wider and shorter model on my board, but I'm fine with the size of this one.
                            Custom neck-thru strat
                            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                            1995 PRS CE24
                            D'avanzo #8
                            Breedlove Solo Concert
                            1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

Ditto. I'm looking forward to having firmware tailored for controlling the Atomic Amplifire.
                              My Music

Comment

Working...
                              X