Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GT100 Issue

Whats up all?
    Just yesterday my Boss GT100 decided not to change channels on my amp anymore. It won't come out of the clean channel. So I got out the factory Channel switcher and it works perfectly. Plug back in the Boss GT of this duty and nothing.
    I checked my settings and the Amp ON and AMP off are set correctly. The SR is also set correctly. I don't get it. My amp and GT100 are both plugged into a APC H10 Surge protector , line conditioner voltage stabilizer so I'm pretty sure this isn't a power issue or voltage spike or even a brown out situation. I get very good power at my house as I have a J15 APC in my Theater gear and it always read between 119-121 volts at all times. I only lost power here once or twice in the last 12 years which is how old my house is.

So before I go factory defaulting the GT100 , anyone got any ideas? Last note when I pull the Amp control cord out of the GT100, I hear the amp changing channels, when I plug it in , I hear it go back to the clean channel with a switch. The GT100 in't switching anymore and I never experienced this issue as I have owned 3 GT units over the years.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Re: Boss GT100 Issue

Wouldn't hurt to give Boss tech support a call.

Bill
    When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Tried a different known working cord/cable in place of the old one? Could be the old one is broken.

Comment

Yeah, I agree... cable.
        Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
        Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

I'm gonna pick up a new cable today. The one I have was custom built to length for me. I took the end covers off and they are all in tact meaning the solder joints are all perfectly connected. I'll test each lead with a continuity tester anyway to make sure it's the cable or not.
          What's strange is that when I start to pull the cable out , my amp switches to the drive channel from the clean channel. When I plug the cable back in, it switches back to the clean channel. Now this is all taking place on the GT100 side. So I think the cable is fine but I'll test it to rule it out.

Comment

You could try plugging the cable connecting the guitar to the gt, in the amp ctrl to amp footswitch socket for testing. It requires a mono 1/4jack, so any one of the cables going to the amp fx loop or front input can be used for that conection. Probably save the hassle of spending $ on a new cable. Make sure its plugged into the amp ctrl socket & not the exp/ctrl(3,4) socket, the amp ctrl works by shorting the tip & sleeve(well thats how i think it works lol) so when plugging the cable its maybe shorting the connection temporary till its fully inserted.

Comment

Working...
            X