Pedal fo da metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal fo da metal

Hey everyone. Got a pedal question. Been loving my buddy's Egnater Vengeance, and really like the 6105 combos I've heard. Is there a pedal that can get me into that area, and keep it sounding "organic" so to speak? The amp I'd be using is a 71 Univox bass head. It is just a clone of a four input non-master Marshall. Also, out of the three cabs I own, which to get into that area. H&K Triamp cab loaded with Greenbacks, H&K Triamp cab loaded with G12H30/V30 X pattern, or Earcandy Buzzbomb with Splawn small blocks?

Or.....fuggedaboutit?
    My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
    or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
    700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Re: Pedal fo da metal

I'd look into the Weehbo line of pedals. I had a JMP drive and while it didn't have quite enough gain for that style, I pulled of Pantera with it and it sounded pretty good. The 3 band eq and the mids selector switch made it capable of a wide range of JMP tones, and it was one of the most organic sounding pedals I've ever had. I only sold it because I got an Egnater SW-45 that sounded better than the pedal into my 68 Bassman, but if I hadn't got the Engater I'd still have the Weehbo.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Wampler trirec is hard to beat for these tones imo. Amptweaker tight metal is another very insane one.

Comment

AMT S1, P1, or R1.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
        @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Honestly you can get very good modern metal tones from a standard marshall in a box pedal stacked with an od, you could literally pick anyone and with the right od it will do a nice modern metal tone....

I was ****ing around with my uncle's purple plexi with my deadhorse a few weeks ago and was shocked at some of the tones I could get....

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
            AMT S1, P1, or R1.
            . . . THIS !!!
            Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

"It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
              you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
                I had one of those. While they're fun to play with , the AMT pedals seem to be more versatile. And way cheaper.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                @ArizonaVoters

Comment

sigpic
                  Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Forget the rest...

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Check out the Keeley Stahlhammer. Played one today and found it very versatile and amp-like.
                      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Holy crow! Thank yoooooou! I've never heard of half these pedals, and I love researching gear. So far, I'm liking the Ogre Thunderclap and the AMR R1 a lot. Still have a few more to listen to. Found an interesting vid on youtube where a Russian dude is comparing the R1 to a Boogie dual rec. Alone, I think the Boogie sounds infinitely better, but in a mix, I actually like them both the same. Just a little different sound, but I actually prefer the R1. Of course, he's speaking Russian, so I don't know how the amp is set up for the R1, but it sounds badamps.

Here it is.
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                        Last edited by 75lespaul; 03-18-2015, 05:11 PM.
                        My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
                        or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
                        http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
                        700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

These are cool pedals also

"It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
                              AMT S1, P1, or R1.
                              I just looked these up and saw they had a 2 version of all the pedals as well. Why aren't these more well known and are some of the best sounding dirt/preamp pedals i've heard. I was looking into the Wampler Tri rec but I think ill get one of these now.
                              Originally posted by KBliss
                              WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
                              Originally posted by trevorus
                              The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Working...
                              X