Bass wahs for guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass wahs for guitar

Does anyone out there use a bass wah for guitar?

I used to do this back in the day cause I think that was the only wah I had around. But I like a throaty wah with high end rolled off. I use an RMC Wizard Wah as my main wah and it definitely seems to have more lows and mids, which is why I like it.

Kinda had my eye on a Morley dual bass wah, wondering if anyone has used one for guitar. I like the switchless design.

sigpic

Re: Bass wahs for guitar

Love my dunlop bass wah with my strat. Dunlop has a demo of it on guitar on their site.

From picks to pedals and every accessory in between, Dunlop Manufacturing has been creating world-class gear for musicians for over 50 years. We consistently create the best selling picks and analog electronics, and carry a large line of accessories that set industry standards in their respective fields. We have a long list of legendary and modern-day superstars who all share a passion for our gear. Whether it’s pushing new innovations with our string line, or tweaking classic sounds with our vintage pedals, there is a dedication to music at the heart of everything we create.

Comment

My Weeping Demon lets me switch ranges. I like the bass wah with my 7-string, but regular range for the guitar.

Comment

The Morley "classic" is designed for bass, guitar and keys. It will take you from the lower bass registers and sweep to the higher guitar registers. This is a nice attribute as you are moving up and down the neck. I would also suggest checking out the mini Morleys. They are powerhouses but save a lot of space on the pedal-board. Here is a review I did on the mini.

Comment

Thanks fellas. Part of me wants the mini morley for my "B" board I am building. But then maybe the full sized one would be cool too and just leave it off-board. I really want switchless. I could get a bad horsie too, I guess but then thought the bass wah might suit me better, since I really like more low end in my sound. Kind of have my mind set on Morley for this round but just can't decide which one.

sigpic

Comment

Bruce have you tried the Maverick switchless mini? I saw your review was for the mini wah but not the switchless version. Wondering if the tone is similar.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hydro View Post
              Bruce have you tried the Maverick switchless mini? I saw your review was for the mini wah but not the switchless version. Wondering if the tone is similar.
              I have not for a couple of reasons. I use my wha also as a volume pedal for swells and boosts during leads. I am also a huge fan of the fixed wha tone which is difficult with the switchless unless you can leave your foot on the pedal perfectly still throughout the entire solo or song.

Comment

Ah that makes sense. Yeah, I have really wanted switchless for a while because of the dreaded left-my-wah-on syndrome. My gigging wah is great - GREAT tone but no LED and I can't think of how many times I am like, "Whoa where's my bass sound" only to realize I left the damn thing on. So I have been wanting to try a switchless kind.

Morley does not make a full sized switchless that isn't a signature model. I am not big into sig. models although in the end, who cares really... if it does what you want it to.

sigpic

Comment

Solved the Morley Mini has a led.

Comment

I ordered the Maverick today. Pretty reasonably priced piece of gear. When I get it in I'll post back.

Thanks again for all the advice everyone!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X