Bass Fuzz Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass Fuzz Suggestions

I'm looking at putting together a bass pedal board for a couple reasons.
    1) While I love the POD for guitar, there aren't enough effects that sound good with bass on there.
    2) I really, really, really, miss having pedals to use.

I'm looking at a few different pedals. The Dunlop Bass Wah, MXR Bass Envelope Filter, Boss Bass Chorus, Boss Bass Synthesizer, and some kind of fuzz. I'm just not sure about the Fuzz. The Big Muff would be a good choice, and MXR has a nice selection of grit. I like both a lot, but I don't know which would be a better choice.

Also any other suggestions would be great.
    Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
    Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
    Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
    Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
    Line 6 Helix
    Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Re: Bass Fuzz Suggestions

Boss ME30B

All that and change

*(Sent from my durned phone!)*
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

EH bass muff is essentially a green russian reissue with a blend switch. Pretty hard to beat.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Play extremely loud and blow a speaker - instant bass fuzz tone.

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
          EH bass muff is essentially a green russian reissue with a blend switch. Pretty hard to beat.
          I'll take a look at it.
          Line 6 Helix
          Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Check out the Morley Cliff Burton Tribute power fuzz wah. I personally have no experience with it, but am seriously looking at it for guitar & bass. My Sam Ash just sold their in-stock one before I could try it. The few YouTube clips sound interesting. Plus, it's a tribute model for Cliff Burton, so that alone adds tone.

http://www.samash.com/cliff-burton-t...h--mpfwxxxxx-p

Comment

My favorites I tried were the EH bass muff, the MXR Blowtorch, and the Way Huge Swollen Pickle. You could check those out.

Comment

black russian big muff or the new green one are the cheapest/best options

Comment

Originally posted by speed2dirt View Post
                  Check out the Morley Cliff Burton Tribute power fuzz wah. I personally have no experience with it, but am seriously looking at it for guitar & bass. My Sam Ash just sold their in-stock one before I could try it. The few YouTube clips sound interesting. Plus, it's a tribute model for Cliff Burton, so that alone adds tone.

http://www.samash.com/cliff-burton-t...h--mpfwxxxxx-p
                  I might take a look at that for a wah pedal. Even if I go with that for wah, I'd still like to have another fuzz, if nothing else than for different flavors.

Originally posted by Falloffthebonetone View Post
                  My favorites I tried were the EH bass muff, the MXR Blowtorch, and the Way Huge Swollen Pickle. You could check those out.
                  I used to have a Swollen Pickle for guitar and I never got the idea to put my bass through it. I kinda kick myself for it because I've heard people get great results from those.
                  Line 6 Helix
                  Dunlop Strings and Picks

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
                    I might take a look at that for a wah pedal. Even if I go with that for wah, I'd still like to have another fuzz, if nothing else than for different flavors.

I used to have a Swollen Pickle for guitar and I never got the idea to put my bass through it. I kinda kick myself for it because I've heard people get great results from those.
                    The only thing I wish it had is some kind of way to blend or mix the dry bass signal into it. Because it doesn't, it can tend to get a little out of hand at times. Eh bass muff has a switch that puts more of the dry signal back but a blend knob is ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Falloffthebonetone View Post
                      The only thing I wish it had is some kind of way to blend or mix the dry bass signal into it. Because it doesn't, it can tend to get a little out of hand at times. Eh bass muff has a switch that puts more of the dry signal back but a blend knob is ideal.
                      I don't mind not having a blend.
                      Line 6 Helix
                      Dunlop Strings and Picks

Comment

Working...
                      X