nyc pedal boards? Others??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nyc pedal boards? Others??

I am looking for a proper board as my diy isnt cutting it. Upon searching, someone recommended NYC boards. checking their site and they look very nice. however, they dont mention how they are powered. anyone know? Anyone recommend some other brands?
    the one I made, I have a strip under it with a couple of one spots and some warts. Yeah, ghetto, but served its purpose. Just want to get something better, with a case. thanks
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: nyc pedal boards? Others??

I liked their boards, especially the multi tiered ones, but in the end I went with Pedaltrain. Either way you have to supply your own power. I've had great experiences with Voodoo Lab and T-Rex supplies. I think the riser on the NYC board would hide a power strip and wall warts just as easily as a dedicated power supply.

Trailer Trash is another great board company.

There are a few great "show your pedalboard" threads, check them out and see what jibes with the type of board you are going for.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yea pedal train 2 comes with a bag and stuff for about $120

Then pop up on amazon and get one odds the CME power supplies or a joyo

Mine was the CME
      8 - 9volt
      1- 12
      1- 18

2- polarity reversing cables

Cool blue leds

*(Sent from my durned phone!)*
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I have a NYC Big Shot Deluxe and I love it. It's excellent quality, and the design is great. I got mine in green tolex and it looks fantastic. Plus, they're priced quite competitively considering that the board comes in a case, and a pretty good one at that.

I'd also take a look at jofa pedalboards. I found the guy on The Gear Page, and on his website he says that most of his boards are around $100. I'm currently negotiating a mini board with him and it seems like he can do a lot of different options for not very much money.
        Custom neck-thru strat
        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
        1995 PRS CE24
        D'avanzo #8
        Breedlove Solo Concert
        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
        1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
        Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

How much does your NYC weigh?
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Loaded, about 46 pounds. But mine is the biggest one they make outside of custom orders, so that's not unexpected. It's not too heavy unloaded. I don't remember how much, but I imagine much less than a PT-Pro in its case, which is IIRC about the same size.
            Custom neck-thru strat
            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
            1995 PRS CE24
            D'avanzo #8
            Breedlove Solo Concert
            1996 USA Dean Baby Z
            1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
            1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
            Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

One of the hip new pedalboard companies is www.fixpedalboards.com

I'm content with my NYC Pedalboard, but if I were to get another one, it would be a Fix that would be made to my specs without their gaudy logo.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Pedaltrain makes a great board and is reasonably priced.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Thanks all! Was looking at the pedal trains and may have to go that route cuz i can finance thru guitar center, but I love the look and all of the flat deck boards and the case type build. So, wanted to explore options.
                  Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                  X