No announcement yet.

any one else like the BBE sonic stomp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any one else like the BBE sonic stomp?

I got one of these about 2 years ago to try to make my crappy little amp sound better, and it did improve the tone alot. Know that i have some more high end amps i finally decided why not try it. I really didnt improve the tone that much but suprisingly it did act like a mild compressor to focus what was there, and added just a tad more bottom end. it has made my favorite amps that much better.

Re: any one else like the BBE sonic stomp?

I have not used one, but I'm wondering, is the Voodoo Lab Giggity a similar unit?
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

im not sure, never heard of a giggity unit. The sonic stomp is a foot pedal version of the BBE sonic maximizer. I dont really know what it actually does, other then make my amp sound fuller, and warmer. like i said earlier it took my cheap little crate solid state amp from sounding ok to wow. on my JVM and Carvin it just makes a slight difference almost sounds like a boost with a bit of compression, and thickens up the bottom end just a tad, and increases the sustain.

Comment

I have one and it's a cool little unit. It's basically a filter... works well with some of my gear, soso with other amps...

Comment

The manufacturer states it is NOT an EQ, but in my trials, it seemed much like an EQ pedal to my ears. I found it to be OK, but not stellar, so I sold it.

Comment

It sounds good at lower volumes, but at volume it seems a bit harsh IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by IM4Tone View Post
              The manufacturer states it is NOT an EQ, but in my trials, it seemed much like an EQ pedal to my ears. I found it to be OK, but not stellar, so I sold it.
              That's because it is an EQ pedal.

Scroll down to Casey Butt's first post and go from there. He's pretty good at dissecting such things.
              Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Originally posted by Gone_Shootin View Post
                That's because it is an EQ pedal.

Scroll down to Casey Butt's first post and go from there. He's pretty good at dissecting such things.
                http://jvmforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6146
                Definitely some interesting science there. Kinda makes me interested in trying one out.

It took me a while to read, though, because I kept getting distracted by Casey_Butt's avatar.
                Nope...

Comment

A soundguy who worked a lot in LA once told me that if someone kicks one on, he instantly hears it and dislikes what it does. I have persoanally not tried one.
                  - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                  Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                  The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

The harp player that i work with uses one thru his super reverb and leaves it on pretty much all the time. He likes it but ive never tried it on guitar.
                    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
                    X