Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLICE DISTORTION - BOSS OS-2 MODIFICATION (DIY) - with YouTube Samples

Hey Girls and Guys,
    I wasn't here a while neither helping you with wiring diagrams nor posting any new Threads (busy, just busy), but now I am back with something (maybe) interesting.
    I would like to present you one of my DIY mods of effect pedals. This time it came to totally broken Boss OS-2 which got a second life and turned into POLICE DISTORTION.

Click image for larger version

Name:	boss os2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	5837028

Why POLICE DISTORTION???

- because I have painted it darkblue (like old European Police Cars)
    - because it has blue and red light on the top of it (which are glowing whenewer you play)
    - because if it stops you - It really stops you for days.

Here are some photos:

Name:	Glowing POLIZEI DISTORTION.jpg
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	5837029Click image for larger version

Name:	POLIZEI1.jpg
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	5837030

I also need to say that it has not only lightning LED DIODES but also a 1cm hill which is glowing as well.
    Why?? Because for this modification it was neccessary to make an additional layer of PCB! (Double layered electronic).
    Which I made "of course" by myself (with a small help from my colleagues)

Name:	PCB.jpg
Size:	291.9 KB
ID:	5837031

The hill looks like that and it glows whenever the Stompbox is ON, so that you can find it in any circumstances in darkness or at the rehersals.
    The hill is done from glass fibre reinforced polymer (the only material I had in this time).

Name:	HILL1.jpg
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	5837032

As you can see it is a bit higher than real BOSS Stompbox (but it has also much bigger Transistor 2n2219 and more diodes).

Here some other photos of this Stompbox:

Name:	POLICE12.jpg
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	5837033Click image for larger version

Name:	POLICE22.jpg
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	5837034Click image for larger version

Name:	POLICE12.jpg
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	5837033

If you are more interested about how it sounds, please, visit this ling to my First YouTube Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMj5R_1zGyY

I am always happy to receive some tips, tricks, or comments, so that I can do next film better.

If you need an additional information about this modification (schematic, additional samples, simulations) just write me a message on my facebook fanpage.
    You can also ask about modification of other pedals, guitar wiring, stombox building, etc. I am always ready to answer an interesting question!
    Maybe You would like to build your own Pedal and you have met an unsolved problem… - than let’s do this together!!!
    I will be glad to receive some feedback from You (Seymour Duncan Forum Group).

Here is my Facebook Fanpage adres:
    Razem Rock. 147 likes. We are a rockcommunity consisting of people who want to show up with their musical creativity and experience in music production or instruments building.

Hope You will Enjoy It.

thanks,
    Peter
    Last edited by KnifeR; 04-22-2015, 01:48 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Best Regards:
    Peter (KnifeR)

RazemRock - let's create the community for Guitar Geeks

Facebook Funpage
    YouTube
    Blog

Re: POLICE DISTORTION - BOSS OS-2 MODIFICATION (DIY) - with YouTube Samples

Here I was thinking that this was an Andy Summers tone thread.

Comment

Yea maybe a wrong name for my StompBox.

But If you are looking for something near to Andy S. I can help you with this tone!
      mistakenly or not - but thank you for your visit
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Best Regards:
      Peter (KnifeR)

Facebook Funpage
      YouTube
      Blog

Comment

That's cool man!!!
        I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Thank You very much!

If you will in the future on the need of new sound... just visit my FanPage and message me! I will do everything to help you!

Regards,
          Peter
          Best Regards:
          Peter (KnifeR)

Facebook Funpage
          YouTube
          Blog

Comment

Working...
          X