Problems with my shapeshifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with my shapeshifter

I recently acquired an older model shape-shifter tremolo pedal second hand. I have no issues with it at home. In a lot of ways, it's exactly what I am looking for. However...

I play in a worship band at church on rotation 1-3 times a month. This is usually the only out of home playing that I really do. With the tremolo pedal through my rig in the PA there is a loud and distracting digital beeping noise in line with the tempo of the tremolo. It's loud enough in the house and in the aviom that I had to pull it from my pedal board.

I've tried it through the front of the amp, and through the effects loop, but it's still there. I don't get it at home, even cranked the amp up to see if it was just too quiet to pick up... Nothing.

Any ideas on why this would be happening, and any possible solutions?

Signal path: guitar-vpjr-klone-ep booster-flashback-shape shifter-amp (variation of trem in the loop)

Re: Problems with my shapeshifter

How are you powering it? Have you tried on batteries to eliminate that as a source?
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      How are you powering it? Have you tried on batteries to eliminate that as a source?
      Previously it was powered by a one-spot which I thiught may have been an issue, now it's powered on a voodoo labs ISO-5 (which also fixed all of my uther weird noise issues)

Comment

Try batteries like he said.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Sounds like a voltage sag. I have a setting for that on my power supply that works great for overdrive effects but makes modulation effects chirp. As others have said use a battery. You also might want to get a voltage meter and check the outlet in the church and the voltage coming off your power supply. An older church with outdated wiring and modern power needs might not be giving all of the outlets 120v.

Comment

The church probably could use a rewire. It was a movie theater in the 80's/90's (maybe earlier) but I also get all kinds of weird noise issues from time to time that I don't get at home.

I will try a battery at next rehearsal. Would it be a safe plausible solution to use the high output 9v slot on the ISO-5 to potentially avoid the sag issue?

Thanks for the input this far.

Comment

So, I had a chance to try it again last night. I tried a fresh batter as suggested instead of the power supply, and it still does it, but only through the PA at the church. Not at home. I'm quite Flustered. I don't want to ditch it, but I don't want to not get to use it.

Comment

I had a friend run it through his rig, with the same PA, no issues. Through a VHT special 6, everything else was the same...

Comment

Did you plug your guitar into his setup? I would also try his cables with your amp and guitar.I also have to ask do you keep anything on top of your amp i.e. cellphone or electronic devices?

Comment

Working...
                  X