Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for a Delay pedal

Originally posted by SteveAlysis View Post
    What are you looking for in a delay pedal? I've owned most delay pedals out there and settled on the timeline.
    THIS -

Buying a delay is like buying a house or car. If you don't know what you need, you will end up buying way more than you want.

Tell us this first. Then we'll suggest one.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar216 View Post
      So far the two I keep looking at are the TC Electronics Nova Repeater OR the Eventide Timefactor.

I'm wondering if I should save up and wait to get a timefactor or just go ahead and get the repeater for cheap off ebay.

Also not that I don't like analogue delay I just prefer digital from what i've heard of different delays but other recommendations are welcome.
      Have you ruled out the Korg SDD-3000? I had the rack unit back in the day, the pedal does sound just like it. Very clear and digital.

Comment

I use a carbon copy and a boss DD7. Given you are not interested in analogue that eliminates the MXR, however you may be interested in the DD7 as it is a digital delay (with additional modulation, reverse and yes... Analogue modes), as well as tap tempo. It also has a basic loop function too which can be fun. Anyhow I cannot claim to have exhaustive knowledge of delays however you can do a lot worse than the boss.

Comment

There is a "tap" tempo feature on the flashback. It's kind of weird though. If you press/hold the switch for 2 seconds it goes into audio tap mode. At which point you pick or strum the strings at the desired tempo. It can be a pain in the butt, and cuts your signal while you do it. But it's there.

Comment

For very simple delay needs, I like both the Carbon Copy and the Aqua Puss. For complicated delay, I like the Alter Ego X4. All are affordable.
            ---------------------------
            The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Working...
            X