banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wah that plays nice with fuzz. RMC4 or Clyde?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wah that plays nice with fuzz. RMC4 or Clyde?

Ive not tried either yet and cant get the opportunity to try either out.
    Im sure they are both pretty cool, but at the moment im leaning towards the wider sweep and travel of the clyde standard.
    Also the adjustability of the buffer on the clyde might come in handy...but i'm not sure it is necessary? As long as the wah sounds great with my NKT sunface (and other old skool fuzz faces).
    So yeah, thoughts and opinions on both. Pros/cons.
    I mainly use a 335 thru a jtm type amp and the wah must sound good when im using a fuzzface.

Also if you reckon the clyde deluxe is cool, then let me know. I'm really looking at the standard tho cos it has less pots hanging on the outside.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Re: wah that plays nice with fuzz. RMC4 or Clyde?

I have owned a Clyde deluxe. It was a good wah, but too thin in the bottom end for me and I got an RMC 5 (wizard wah). i agree about the side pots on the Clyde, they take up a lot of pedalboard real estate and I rarely touched them.

Both worked well with od/distortion although i did not use true fuzz. The RMC pedals are supposed to have special circuitry to handle fuzz well. I'm a big fan of the Teese wahs, but the Clyde was a very good wah also.

sigpic

Comment

I like my Teese RMC3, very tweakable and plays nicely with all fuzzes due to the onboard Dave Fox Fuzz Friendly buffer.

(You can buy the buffer from Analogman to make any traditional style wah fuzz friendly, btw.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Fuzz friendly way with a wide sweep?

BMF WAH!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

ok tg. ive messaged mr. BMF. ill see what he says about sending one to australia
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Shoot Joe Gagan a message, he's THE wah guru. I've heard nothing but good stuff about his wahs and he sells drop in kits with great quality components for pretty damn cheap. I'm sure he'd be able to do one with a fuzz buffer.

If he's not able to, I'm a big fan of the Clyde. The outside pots aren't that big of a deal, they stick out only a little more than your patch cable. And it's got a much wider sweep due to the different enclosure compared to the crybaby. It's an excellent wah.
            Custom neck-thru strat
            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
            1995 PRS CE24
            D'avanzo #8
            Breedlove Solo Concert
            1996 USA Dean Baby Z
            1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
            1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
            Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Working...
            X