No announcement yet.

NPD...Of The E-H Persuasion...and MORE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD...Of The E-H Persuasion...and MORE!

I was at the Tacoma Guitar Show on Sunday, May 17th, and thanks to James and his crew from The Guitar Store in Seattle, I got a great deal on a Soul Food. This pedal has really impressed me in the demos I've heard. Can't wait to get back home and try it out.

The show was really a lot of fun, saw several guitars I'd love to have, including a red, silver and blue sparkle Buck Owens Signature Tele. Shoulda bought one back in the day. I thought the price on this one was a little high, but that is one seriously cool axe. There were several custom guitar and amp builders, and lots of vintage pieces. I continue to be impressed by Kracke amps, and one of these days I may have to do something about it.

Picked up a Boogie footswitch from another vendor, and a pair of Levy's leather straps from a third--really good deals all around.

And it was nice to hear some good blues, and see some of my old Seattle friends. A good day. Fun show.

Bill
    When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Re: NPD...Of The E-H Persuasion...and MORE!

Try that Soul Food in front of any of your dirty channels with a Les Paul or similar. That's not how most people use it, but when I played it in front of the DC-5's dirty channel with a borrowed Les Paul, it got me into Warren Haynes-esque tones almost instantly.
    Go Packers!

Comment

Thanks Matt! I hadn't thought of trying it that way. Another guy told me that he uses his strictly as a CLEAN boost. I'm liking the versatility.

Bill

Oh and....GO SEAHAWKS!!!! ☺
      When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

It's great as a clean boost, and great to stack with other dirt. I've used it with other overdrive pedals before with really good results. And it really beefs up a distortion channel nicely. Even though most people use the Klon circuit as a clean boost, Warren Haynes uses it with an already driven amp, which is where I got the idea.

I've used mine with a lot of different amps, it loved my ex-g/fs 68 Bassman, 62 Champ, and her old DC5. I liked it with the 41st Amps Bayonet the couple of times I've gigged with one; the Soul Food will be a permanent fixture on my board when I get the Bayonet later this summer. The only amp I've used it with that it didn't like is the Peavey Delta Blues 2x10 I have been borrowing for the past few months.
        Go Packers!

Comment

Working...
        X