How to contact Home Brew Electronics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to contact Home Brew Electronics?

I have some questions on my HBE Big D, but can't find a way to contact them. Anyone have a lead? Hope they aren't out of business. On the chance that anyone here owns one, do you experience huge output jumps when switching diodes? Thanks!
    Within the glow that weaves a cloak of delight ... There moves a thread that has no end
    Yours is the cloth, mine is the hand that sews time ... For me, the cloth once more to spin
    At last the arm is straight, the hand to the loom ... Is this to end or just begin?

sigpic My guitars + better pics

Re: How to contact Home Brew Electronics?

I think they are out of business. Regardless, with higher gain settings, switching diodes is going to give you different output volumes. Different diodes clip at different voltages, that's directly related to output.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      I think they are out of business. Regardless, with higher gain settings, switching diodes is going to give you different output volumes. Different diodes clip at different voltages, that's directly related to output.
      The volume difference is seriously insane though. from bedroom level to cranked low watt amp, no joke. Even when I just change the clipping from hard to soft.
      Within the glow that weaves a cloak of delight ... There moves a thread that has no end
      Yours is the cloth, mine is the hand that sews time ... For me, the cloth once more to spin
      At last the arm is straight, the hand to the loom ... Is this to end or just begin?

Comment

Yes I used to have a BigD. I remember it acted as you have described. Lots of knobs and tweaking when using that pedal. Some pedals are like that, such a big change on the slightest adjustment. I have the CPR, THC, and doomsday device too. They don't behave that way.
        Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
        http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

The home page for HBE kicks back to my browser as "ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED".

Most of the time, that means the server has shut down.

A Facebook comment:

Too bad Joel has closed the company. They had some great pedals.
          Even the FB page looks dead.

Sounds like it's time to blow taps on this one.
          sigpic
          "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
          --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
          Originally posted by Lewguitar
          In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

Alright, thanks guys.

Comment

Sorry to hear they're done. I've owned a slew of HBE pedals over the years and still use six on my current board. Joel and his crew were the real deal.
              Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Working...
              X