• Show
Clear All

• NPD - Dunlop mini wah

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432164389.834084.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	5837363

It's a little bit weird to use, once I get it integrated into my board I'll have a better idea. But it is amazingly compact and works just like a regular wah. This is going on the "home rig", I have a full size RMC on my main gigging board at our practice space.

sigpic

Re: NPD - Dunlop mini wah

Aw it looks so cute! I prefer full sized wahs on my board.
    Gear
    Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
    Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
    Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
    Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
    Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
    Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Comment

I tried it at my local gc and really liked the physical sweep of it with the smaller foot pedal thing.
      Within the glow that weaves a cloak of delight ... There moves a thread that has no end
      Yours is the cloth, mine is the hand that sews time ... For me, the cloth once more to spin
      At last the arm is straight, the hand to the loom ... Is this to end or just begin?

sigpic My guitars + better pics

Comment

I'm thinking of picking one of these up myself. I love that it's true bypass but my only problem is no local stores stock them so I can't try one out. I would love it for gigging to keep my board small. Anyway, I'm really curious what your thoughts are on it as you get more used to it.
        Soundcloud

Comment

SnakeAces, the GC in my neighborhood had one and I was able to try it out before I bought it. It is a bit strange but I think that once it's attached to a pedalboard it will work out.

I do agree that a full sized wah is more comfortable, but this is just for the house, where I really want to be able to keep my pedal rig compact. I think it'd be great for a regular gigging guy who needs a lot of different sounds but only occasionally needs a wah.

There is a part of me that just wants to say to hell with it and get one of those gigantic Chicago Iron Parachute wahs and plug it straight into my amp and just sh1tcan my pedal board. A buddy of mine let me borrow his and try it out and it is TOTALLY insane and sounds really cool.

Once I get this board built out (lava cables on order) I will share it with y'all and let you know how it shakes out.

sigpic

Comment

If they make a mini bass wah with the same auto return and volume/q controls, I'd buy it 7 minutes upon hearing the news.

Comment

That pedal is adorable. Do you think it'll grow up to be a Jerry Cantrell?
              Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
              Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
              Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
              Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
              Line 6 Helix
              Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
                That pedal is adorable. Do you think it'll grow up to be a Jerry Cantrell?
                Wah da you outta of yer mind?

Comment

I was thinking of grabbing one and having it modded to the cantrell wah specs, crazy I know!

Comment

Wah-wah
                    Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by LatsMcGee View Post
                      I was thinking of grabbing one and having it modded to the cantrell wah specs, crazy I know!
                      I bet you could
                      It does have a 3 way Q switch inside for classic (high) mid and low.

It is very pedalboard friendly. No feet, just a flat rubber stop pad.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeAces View Post
                        Wah-wah
                        Yep a baby baby.

sigpic

Comment

wow wow wah.

Comment

Working...