Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airis Effects Protodrive Ultra OD

Hello everyone!

I wanted to show you guys my custom Overdrive pedal I got from Airis effects (http://www.airiseffects.com/) really cool guy who makes them! I put together a little review for it!

I got this pedal for Christmas last year and almost every time I play through my rig its pretty much engaged (Marshall JCM800 -> 2x12 custom loaded with Eminence speakers)
    The tones from this pedal are really nice and it can do almost every tone ODs are made for, it does the Boss Blues Driver tone and the Ibanez TS9/TS808 tone perfectly, it has 3 knobs (Level/Volume, Gain, Tone) and 4 switches (Bass Response, Bright Switch, Output level for Vintage and Modern and Clipping switch) which makes this pedal incredibly versatile. The guy who makes the pedals is also the guy who you talk to when you email so there isn't any second hand information its all straight from the same guy which I really like!

I mainly play metal with the band I am in but I also do play rock and blues for my own personal desire and this pedal does it both GREAT! in my metal band I tune down to GDGCFAD on my 7 string and it still remains tight! and also if you throw it on the vintage setting and fix the bass response and clipping you can get some really nice vintage bluesy sounds, believe me when I say I didn't think there was a drive pedal that could do it all but I think there finally is!

My pedal was a prototype which is why it has no writing or anything which is fine with me, I learned what all the knobs and switches did so I didn't care for very long.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	11329017_10203663830190525_367718913_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	5837403

Airis effects offers many pedals and for a really good price, he sells a Klon Centaur clone with some modern upgrades, a high gain pre-amp and a couple different Overdrives. I suggest giving them a look using the link above in the first sentence!

Thanks for reading!
    Guitars: Kiesel Bolt Classic, Strandberg Boden Standard 7, Jackson DXMG (Japan) & Charvel Model 5.

Amps: Marshall 1959slp & Peavey 5150 (Block Letter)
Working...
X