NPD--- Mesa 5 Band EQ \m/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD--- Mesa 5 Band EQ \m/

Scored a like new Mesa 5 Band EQ on ebay. Wanted one since they came out, but they're expensive for an EQ... But... WORTH IT!

Somehow, this eq is both subtle and dramatic at the same time. I run it in the fx loop of my Egnater 50 watt Seminar amp btw.

The classic V scoop is pretty awesome... And it's not like normal 'scooping' somehow. It still cuts through, but it just removes the honk, widens the sound and makes the amp just flat our EVIL. No other eq I've used has done this. I think part of the key is boosting the mids on the tonestack, and then bringing them back down with the 5 band... I have no idea why it works... It just does.

It does more... Way more, but... The V-Cut is AWESOME!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Re: NPD--- Mesa 5 Band EQ \m/

Awesome. How would you compare it to the Boss and MXR eqs out there?
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Awesome! That looks like the EQ on my, sadly former, Mesa DC-5. It was the most expressive EQ that I could get tones I liked out of. Congrats on the score!

Comment

Cool!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with one of those on my board.
          Go Packers!

Comment

what tone wood is that pedal board made of?
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I want one.

Comment

Nice dude! I was actually playing my Egnater SW-45 the other day and I had the same complaint about the high gain mode - it's way too honky in the midrange. It's good to know that the EQ can solve that. I would go that route but I just got a Stiletto Ace that can do that kind of metal surprisingly well, so I don't need that eq pedal. It's good to know that it works though.

And yeah, boogie pedals are the ****. I have a flux five and it's easily one of the best pedals I've ever owned.
                Custom neck-thru strat
                1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                1995 PRS CE24
                D'avanzo #8
                Breedlove Solo Concert
                1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

I can't conceive a guitar rig without an EQ pedal in the loop.
                  The GE7 affects the EQ in a way that's not always right, not much of an ideal Q range for each band, but it's workable.

I bet that Mesa EQ is tailored JUST RIGHT for the frequencies we want to hear cut and boosted.
                  Congrats man!
                  Last edited by Diego; 05-31-2015, 07:50 PM.
                  Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                  Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                  Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                  Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                    Nice dude! I was actually playing my Egnater SW-45 the other day and I had the same complaint about the high gain mode - it's way too honky in the midrange. It's good to know that the EQ can solve that. I would go that route but I just got a Stiletto Ace that can do that kind of metal surprisingly well, so I don't need that eq pedal. It's good to know that it works though.

And yeah, boogie pedals are the ****. I have a flux five and it's easily one of the best pedals I've ever owned.
                    Stilettos are really underrated, they kill for JCM 800 tones.

Comment

I've wanted one of these eq's for a while, congrats...

Comment

I've had the Flux Five for a while now and I still love that thing. Mesa's pedal line is completely underrated and I agree, there's a ridiculous amount of flexibility with the graphic EQ.
                        Originally posted by kevlar3000
                        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                        Originally posted by Zerberus
                        Better is often the enemy of good
                        Originally posted by ginormous
                        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Pedal board is made out of some pallets that were laying around lol. The eq makes a great boost into the front end as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Working...
                          X