Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let's talk delays....

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
    That's the point. "Generally" the direction in delay pedals is digital designs cloning those of analogue/tape echo units.
    Exactly right. I never thought I'd say it, but delay and echo is one area where the digital pedal technology has provided some stunning examples of excellent analog emulation. So much so that the old generalisations no longer apply.

Cheers............................... wahwah
    Highway Star
    Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
    Mistreated
    Cause We Ended As Lovers
    Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
    Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

All depends on the sound you want. I like a crisp clean repeat, generally. Especially on faster leads and in busy music.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Boppy View Post
        I use analog to get that spacey Pink Floyd reverby sound happening--I haven't come across a digital delay that can deliver in that respect.

Digital delay comes out on top for dotted eighths and distinct repeats however...
        My favorite delay is a first revision MIJ Boss DD-3 (same circuit as the DD-2). It's digital, but uses 12-bit converters that sound pretty lo-fi by today's standards. The result is a digital delay that sounds almost analog; not super dark like an MXR CC, but a brighter analog like a Boss DM-3. I run mine in front of my Marshall and it does the Pink Floyd reverb-y sound quite well. My favorite part is that they're still pretty affordable on the used market. I scored the one on my board for $65, now I just want another lol
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
        X