New pedalboard day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pedalboard day

Here in H town, I got the day off because of the storm (which so far, has produced not much in our area but a little rain) so I made use of the time to put my new board together

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434502000.955852.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	5837571

Right to left -
    Guitar input to Mini Crybaby
    Korg Pitchblack
    DryBell Deja Vibe (nose expression above it)
    Analog Man RE-J mod TS-9
    TC Flashback
    MXR Dist. III
    EHX Bass Muff

This is all on a new Pedaltrain metro 20 powered by a Pedaltrain Volto. Lava cables end to end.

I may ditch the Nose expression as I don't really use it that much, and I may experiment with other fuzzes at the end of the chain. The Mini Wah is a pleasant surprise, it sounds great and is pretty easy to adapt to. The Volto works quite well.

This is my "home rig", my main board has a similar layout but different stuff. This is a big upgrade over all these random pedals lying around in my house.

sigpic

Re: New pedalboard day

I dig it man, nice work
    Soundcloud

Comment

Nice, looks very versatile.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Fun!

How did you decide on Delay between O/D and Distortion?
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
          Fun!

How did you decide on Delay between O/D and Distortion?
          Well two reasons, one is that on my main rig I don't use an FX loop, so my dirt channel comes after everything. The home rig is set up to sound like the other one as much as I can (my home amp is single clean channel). The second reason is that to me, delay *after* dirt always sounded too slick for my application. I use a lot of reverse delay, and tend to use delay more to replicate notes than as a tonal or atmospheric effect, if that makes any sense. But the tube screamer, I use mostly as a boost with very little overdrive in the mix, so I put it before the delay; and it also gives me the option of a more polished delay sound with some overdrive if I leave the other dirt boxes off.

sigpic

Comment

Love the board how is the Volto?

Comment

So far, so good. Haven't logged much time on it yet but it is small, lightweight and seems pretty convenient. It fits easily underneath the Metro 20 and apparently will fit even their smaller boards.

sigpic

Comment

How long does the volto last? Can you charge it and use it at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by wroemail View Post
                  How long does the volto last? Can you charge it and use it at the same time?
                  Yes, you can. It came charged, and I've logged a couple of hours on it and haven't had to charge it yet. So far it seems like a very good product.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X