Pedaltrain pedalboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedaltrain pedalboard

Hi I'll be getting new Pedaltrain pedalboard soon so I'm deciding which one I need. I want to have tuner, compressor, boost, od, fuzz sometimes, flanger, phaser/chorus sometimes, delay and reverb. Since my flanger is Deluxe Electric Mistress which is huge and other pedals are Boss kinda size mostly, some bigger and some smaller... Old models are discounted now but some of the newer ones are really nice too. So I've been looking at Metro 24 which has a problem I think. I'm not sure you can fit every supply underneath like you could't on Nano/Junior since they are all the same height. I don't want too big/small board.

Re: Pedaltrain pedalboard

Www.pedalboardplanner.com for sizing.

I believe the Metro is not angled, so you can't put a supply underneath (except the Volto) but the bigger ones are angled and allow for mounting.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Hi I've been trying this pedalboard planner and yes I was learning towards Metro 24 but if you can't fit all power supplys underneath... All other models (exept other Metros, Minis and Nanos) seem to be too big. I've been looking at PT2 which is discounted but since it is too big... Maybe I could mount it on the top of DEM lol
      Last edited by guitarplayer100; 06-25-2015, 03:12 AM.

Comment

What power supply? As a stop-gap, I have a T-Rex Chameleon mounted in the channel of the PT mini.

Eventually I will be raising the board, doing some slight dremel work to the bar and mounting it underneath like this (not my picture):

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The Classic Jr is a little bit bigger (225 square inches vs 192 square inches) and it is angled so you could put the power supply underneath and have a bit of extra room in case you ever decide to expand your board or switch out certain boxes for different sizes (such as trading in a Boss sized fuzz for a pedal in a larger housing).
          Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
          Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
          Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
          Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
          Line 6 Helix
          Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

I have a new Metro 20 and I can fit their Volto power supply easily underneath it. The Volto is pretty cool, it is rechargeable and it's very small and light. It comes with two outputs but can supply 2000 mA and it runs all my pedals fine using the daisy chain cables (total of 6, and my tuner has a daisy chain also so I am running 7 pedals off it)

You can kind of see where the volto fits, it is the white thing underneath the bass muff on the opposite side of the board.

Dunlop mini wah
            Pitchblack tuner
            Dry Bell vibe (nose external expression knob doesn't need power)
            TS-9
            TC Flashback
            MXR Dist III
            Bass muff

Click image for larger version

Name:	pedalboard.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	5785735

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by guitarplayer100 View Post
              Hi I'll be getting new Pedaltrain pedalboard soon so I'm deciding which one I need. I want to have tuner, compressor, boost, od, fuzz sometimes, flanger, phaser/chorus sometimes, delay and reverb. Since my flanger is Deluxe Electric Mistress which is huge and other pedals are Boss kinda size mostly, some bigger and some smaller... Old models are discounted now but some of the newer ones are really nice too. So I've been looking at Metro 24 which has a problem I think. I'm not sure you can fit every supply underneath like you could't on Nano/Junior since they are all the same height. I don't want too big/small board.
              Where are they discounted? On pedal train's site or retail??
              Originally posted by hydro View Post
              I have a new Metro 20 and I can fit their Volto power supply easily underneath it. The Volto is pretty cool, it is rechargeable and it's very small and light. It comes with two outputs but can supply 2000 mA and it runs all my pedals fine using the daisy chain cables (total of 6, and my tuner has a daisy chain also so I am running 7 pedals off it)

You can kind of see where the volto fits, it is the white thing underneath the bass muff on the opposite side of the board.

Dunlop mini wah
              Pitchblack tuner
              Dry Bell vibe (nose external expression knob doesn't need power)
              TS-9
              TC Flashback
              MXR Dist III
              Bass muff

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64668[/ATTACH]
              what is that NOSE pedal??
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

The NOSE is a mini external expression pedal for the Deja Vibe. Essentially it just acts like a big speed knob so you can adjust it with your foot more easily. It came off my other pedalboard, where it was placed a bit better but I can still reach it there so I kept it.

sigpic

Comment

thanks for the info! thats cool lookin
                  Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I got a pt2
                    And I thought I would have room to grow

But that real estate fills quickly

Go larger
                    Don't look back

*(Sent from my durned phone!)*
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Thanks everyone, I really don't want to big but also not smaller than Metro 24. PT2 is really big though. I'll also cheack out Junior or just go with Metro and stack up the feet to fit power supply.

Comment

I think the Jr will work out best for your purposes. Like I said, it's better to have a bit of extra wiggle room to space out the pedals and have room to grow than to just get what you need now.
                        Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                        Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                        Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                        Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                        Line 6 Helix
                        Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

With pedals on it
                          The pt2 isn't that big

Mine has two rows of mostly mxr sized pedals

Only about five to a row

But then i have reverb and preamp pedals on the top row

As well as an ABY

*(Sent from my durned phone!)*
                          EHD
                          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I'll check out PT1 which is a little bit smaller than PT2 and you can fit wah pedal on it if you want while you cant do that with Metro unless it's mini size.

Comment

Working...
                            X