Custom Effect Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Effect Pedals

If you could have any pedal manufacturer make you a custom effect pedal for guitar or bass what would you want the pedal to do?

Re: Custom Effect Pedals

I would want Boss to make me a cheap Uni-Vibe clone that has the look and feel of the original, and a sound like the original, but with an added twist. A fuzz pedal built into it with a switchable octave. So it would be an Octavia and Uni-Vibe in one. I would call it the Octa-Vibe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Gear
    Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
    Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
    Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
    Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
    Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
    Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Comment

I'd want a switching system. Small enough that I could use it on a board so that I could adjust my pedals if I needed to. I like the POD in that I have my patches that I use and then I can turn on and off certain effects. For example I have a heavy gain patch and I can turn on a chorus if I need to. For my clean, however, I generally use a chorus in it because a clean patch with chorus is so 80's and rockin' but I can turn off the chorus if I need to without having to switch patches.

I have yet to find a pedal switching system that could do something like that and still be small enough to use on my board. Maybe I'm asking for too much.
      Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
      Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
      Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
      Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
      Line 6 Helix
      Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarFanatic View Post
        I would want Boss to make me a cheap Uni-Vibe clone that has the look and feel of the original, and a sound like the original, but with an added twist. A fuzz pedal built into it with a switchable octave. So it would be an Octavia and Uni-Vibe in one. I would call it the Octa-Vibe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Check out the BOSS RT-20.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I'm just trying to see what people want so I can get an idea of what I should be building when I start making pedals.

Comment

personally, it's not that I want a custom pedal made for me from scratch, but modding my pedals to the fullest (more bass, more treble, less noise, ect)

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
              I'd want a switching system. Small enough that I could use it on a board so that I could adjust my pedals if I needed to. I like the POD in that I have my patches that I use and then I can turn on and off certain effects. For example I have a heavy gain patch and I can turn on a chorus if I need to. For my clean, however, I generally use a chorus in it because a clean patch with chorus is so 80's and rockin' but I can turn off the chorus if I need to without having to switch patches.

I have yet to find a pedal switching system that could do something like that and still be small enough to use on my board. Maybe I'm asking for too much.
              I'd love something like that includes my amp (mesa roadster). Being able to use a simple computer interface to set fx and presets would be a huge bonus as well.

Comment

Working...
              X