Micro Amp vs. Line Driver vs. Spark mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro Amp vs. Line Driver vs. Spark mini

I need new boost that would give me extra volume for solos. I'm choosing between MXR Micro Amp, MXR CAE Line Driver and TC Spark mini. I'm not spending more than 100$ so this is what I choose from but you can allso recomend anything else. Line Driver is cleaner though.
    MXR Micro Amp
    16.67%
    MXR CAE Line Driver
    16.67%
    TC Spark mini
    50.00%
    other
    16.67%
    Last edited by guitarplayer100; 07-08-2015, 11:38 AM.

Re: Micro Amp vs. Line Driver vs. Spark mini

The MXR Micro Amp can get a little gritty sounding. I have no experience with the CAE pedal but I have heard good things. The Spark Mini is what I actually own and that thing is LOUD and adds zero color to your signal. Neat little feature is that if you hold your foot on the pedal for more than a second it becomes a momentary switch, so you can do quick little licks with a boost without having to tap twice. I use that on a couple songs with my band.
    Nope...

Comment

Yes I find it really usefull too + a little smaller + true bypass. Also cheaper than CAE. I've also heard that Micro Amp not only adds some of it's own grit but also darkens your tone which I might not like very much. CAE brightens it a little bit. Spark seems a very decent option. What about full Spark?

Comment

CAE works great for me and has held up well for the last couple years.

Comment

Working...
        X