X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you guys use for solo boost? Just curious

Originally posted by Myaccount876 View Post
    The boost function on my Bogner pedals.
    My old Ecstasy 101b that I used to have had a boost function that was excellent... no need for a pedal there.

Comment

Originally posted by some_dude View Post
      - Use the amp's solo boost (secondary master volume);
      I love that feature on my Mesa Roadster. I usually set it for a really mild boost for fills, intros and things like that, since I rarely take solos.

Comment

I'm absolutely a spoiled brat when it comes to this.

I have a Mesa Road King, so I treat the first three channels as a 3 channel amplifier and then the Red channel is set to boost levels AND the loop is set to activate as soon as I hit channel 4 so when I need to do my thing, I get the boost and delay.

The amp comes with a global boost function...that's just not how I choose to use it.

As far as simpler setups go, I swear by the ZVEX Super Hard-On pedal. It has to be the one with the record player graphics because the record player and the "crackle ok" label improves tone
        For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

With my Marshall I mostly use a Maxon OD-9.
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

And now, I use something different.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1437132919193.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	5787993
            Originally posted by Myaccount876
            Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

It depends on the song and the tones I'm using. Sometimes it's one of the 805 overdrives, sometimes both. Others it's the Pickup Booster and sometimes just my guitar's volume.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

I've used a Monte Alums GE-7 with a lot of success for a boost. Also used Xotic EC booster and it was really good too.

Comment

Back in the long gone olden days....either a Ross or some old Boss, sometimes a MXR compressor....
                  Could not always play loud, so the compressors helped with some fluidity and that elastic feel...

When free of useless soundmen, when we had someone one who knew his stuff, no pedals where engaged.....just dug harder in and rode that volumeknob.

Comment

I use the LPB-1 its cheap and works very well in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer250 View Post
                      Personally, I use an EQ with a level boost, a 800Hz cut, and a kick in the low mids to combat the shrillness.
                      I use the LPB-1 it works well and just puts a little more boost in your signal.

Comment

Back in the day I loved the boost on my Morley 1st gen. I need to take that baby out of mothballs.

Comment

CAE liner driver/ boost for me, just a nice jump in volume without any noticeable change in tone.... To my ears at least. I believe it's a MXR micro amp built with better parts? The other thing I like is that it feels really solid, a lot heavier than any other MXR pedals I've had and the blue LED is easy to see in any light.

Comment

For a boost to clean sounds either the boost setting on my BOSS FZ-2 or my Caline Crazy Cactus in Comp Cut but I tend to go all out for solos and clean for the rest of songs so it is usually some kind of fuzz or my Wampler Pinnacle.
                            Gondola Kid
                            Bandcamp
                            Facebook
                            JimijaymesGuitarist
                            Youtube

Comment

All you need is a group of dynamic musicians, including yourself.
                              Originally posted by LesStrat
                              Yogi Berra was correct.
                              Originally posted by JOLLY
                              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                                All you need is a group of dynamic musicians, including yourself.
                                But... what if I need to go one louder?

Originally posted by Myaccount876
                                Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Working...
                                X