Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal Signal Chain Question

I'm running the following on my pedalboard:

Boss OC-3 > MXR Dyna Comp > Cry Baby Wah > Boss SD-1 > Boss MT-2 > MXR Micro Amp > Boss NS-2 > Boss BF-2 > Boss CH-1 > Boss DD-6

At the moment I'm not running the last three pedals in the FX loop, because I'm using the amps clean. I am going to get a Marshall DLS 100 in a near future, then I might run them in the FX.

My question is: do you think I should get another boost, compressor, EQ pedal to correct the signal chain somewhere after the NS-2?

Thanks a lot!!!

Re: Pedal Signal Chain Question

If you get the modulation and delay in the effects loop, the NS-2 at the end of the first chain should be fine.
    Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
    Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
    Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
    Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
    Line 6 Helix
    Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

If there is a volume drop that you are unhappy with when you engage the flanger...you can add a boost but that is another switch to hit. :/

If you are interested in buying anoter eq, consider using one in the loop as a tone shaper rather than a correctional tool.

The possibilities of moving stuff around in your existing chain will also show you what you should and shouldn't buy.

Enjoy the search,

~LD
      For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
        If you get the modulation and delay in the effects loop, the NS-2 at the end of the first chain should be fine.
        Yeah, thats what I thought! And if I don't put them in the FX loop? thx

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Diamond View Post

If you are interested in buying anoter eq, consider using one in the loop as a tone shaper rather than a correctional tool.

Thats a good idea man! thx

Comment

Originally posted by lucaspaço View Post
            Yeah, thats what I thought! And if I don't put them in the FX loop? thx
            You do have a large signal chain, but breaking it up into two with the mods in the FX loop will reduce the loss.

As for an EQ, if you do get one, use it as the only EQ on your amp.
            Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
            Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
            Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
            Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
            Line 6 Helix
            Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

You have a lot of buffers in there with all of those Boss pedals, so I imagine you wouldn't absolutely need a boost.
              Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by lucaspaço View Post
                I'm running the following on my pedalboard:

Boss OC-3 > MXR Dyna Comp > Cry Baby Wah > Boss SD-1 > Boss MT-2 > MXR Micro Amp > Boss NS-2 > Boss BF-2 > Boss CH-1 > Boss DD-6

At the moment I'm not running the last three pedals in the FX loop, because I'm using the amps clean. I am going to get a Marshall DLS 100 in a near future, then I might run them in the FX.

My question is: do you think I should get another boost, compressor, EQ pedal to correct the signal chain somewhere after the NS-2?

Thanks a lot!!!
                You sure love those boss pedals dont you lol
                sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Comment

Originally posted by guitarSQUIRELL View Post
                  You sure love those boss pedals dont you lol

Comment

Working...
                  X