banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Originally posted by ThisDyingSoul76 View Post
    I would love to get my hands on a fuzzrite clone. The ones I find are outrageously priced for how simple the circuit is.

Of course the challenge for cloning old fuzzes is not the circuit design, its determining what transistor gain range and biasing makes them sound "good".
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      http://m.ebay.com/itm/Ashbass-FUZZbr...%257Ciid%253A2

Of course the challenge for cloning old fuzzes is not the circuit design, its determining what transistor gain range and biasing makes them sound "good".
      Nice to see a fuzzrite clone that doesn't cost as much as a decent guitar. I'll have to watch for those when I'm in buying nice again.

Comment

First post. Been lurking for a while here.

Comment

• Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by vmbarrera View Post

First post. Been lurking for a while here.
            This looks like a super versatile little board, everything you need and nothing you don't. Nice!

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post

And this looks like a lot of fun... How do you like the Shepard's End? I've been thinking about picking one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Riley View Post
              This looks like a super versatile little board, everything you need and nothing you don't. Nice!

And this looks like a lot of fun... How do you like the Shepard's End? I've been thinking about picking one up.
              That was the idea I had in mind. I stripped down from using a lot of effects and went right to the essential.

Comment

Here we go again.

Today I changed from this...

... to this.

I got tired of having my OD in the back row and I kept inadvertently changing the BB Preamp's settings with my foot. Solution: back to the good old SD-1. You can't beat Boss for functional design and ease of use. It's not quite as versatile as the BB, but I like it just as much.

Johnny Marr made me put the Dyna Comp on there, although I might try something more subtle in the future. I've never gotten along with compressors, but I'm going to give it another try.

The Zoom MS-50G is back, replacing the PitchBlack and the TR-2 (both destined for my other board), and adding an analog slapback delay plus a whole bunch of other effects I never use.

I like this layout. I've thought of my recent boards as two parts: the "me" core pedals that have been my sound since the '80s, and the newer "nice to have" stuff. Now the "me" is all there in the front row and the extras are in the back.
                Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

To the "Surf" board go the spoils.

Was:

Now is:

The Korg PitchBlack from the main board replaced the hard-to-read, too-fussy-for-live-use Petersen StroboStomp (which will be retired to set-up duty in the shop). The TR-2 from the main board takes the place of the wonky BYOC Tremolo (one of these days, I'll find the bad solder joint in that bad boy). The '65 Reverb gets moved to the front row for easier stompin'.

I built this board intending to get serious about learning some surf guitar instrumentals, but lately I've been using it to learn the five songs on the "A" side of Iron Butterfly's In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida album. The title track is sort of worn out, but the "A" side has some great psychedelic-era pop songs. The Fuzzrite and the '65 Reverb are perfect. for them.
                  Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                  Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Surf board is classic.
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

This is my board atm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Gear
                      Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
                      Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
                      Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
                      Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
                      Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
                      Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_S View Post
                        To the "Surf" board go the spoils.

Was:

Now is:

The Korg PitchBlack from the main board replaced the hard-to-read, too-fussy-for-live-use Petersen StroboStomp (which will be retired to set-up duty in the shop). The TR-2 from the main board takes the place of the wonky BYOC Tremolo (one of these days, I'll find the bad solder joint in that bad boy). The '65 Reverb gets moved to the front row for easier stompin'.

I built this board intending to get serious about learning some surf guitar instrumentals, but lately I've been using it to learn the five songs on the "A" side of Iron Butterfly's In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida album. The title track is sort of worn out, but the "A" side has some great psychedelic-era pop songs. The Fuzzrite and the '65 Reverb are perfect. for them.
                        Nice setup!

Comment

Updated. I took out the Riot Reloaded because of the Friedman BEOD. It's such a good pedal. I put back the OceanEFX Pearl Drive as well.

P_20170116_081709 by Cicayle Nico Pua, on Flickr
                          1989 Greco Les Paul EG59-60
                          1992 Fernandes Telecaster
                          2013 PRS Bernie Marsden SE
                          2014 Tokai Love Rock LS115F
                          2013 Ibanez Prestige RG3521
                          2018 Ibanez JCustom RG8570Z
                          Friedman Runt 50

Comment

Updated it again.

Gear
                            Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
                            Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
                            Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarFanatic View Post
                              Updated it again.

Maybe you should replace that EQ with a Digital Delay [emoji16]

How do you use the different delays?

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                                Maybe you should replace that EQ with a Digital Delay [emoji16]

How do you use the different delays?

DD3 for slapback and the dd5 and 7 are 2 longish delays

Gear

Comment

Working...
                                X