banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

So I think I've found something I can stick with for a while...

I was using the Zoom G5 by itself, but I decided I wanted to start taking some of the work off of it so I could just let it be a stomp box for various effects... less confusing that way.

The chain goes:

• Guitar
    • AKG Perception Wireless
    • Behringer PB100 PreAmp Booster
    • Source Audio Programmable EQ
    * Split A:
    1) Electro-Harmonix C9 Organ Machine
    * Split B:
    1) GFS Twin Overdrive
    2) Danelectro Cool Cat CTO2 Transparent Overdrive
    • Zoom G5 (normal setting):
      • Wah (operated by toe button & up/down on Z-Pedal)
      • 5-Band EQ
      • Booster (Gain 1-100 operated by rolling Z-Pedal right from center)
      • Phaser (1st face switch)
      • Cry (think "talk box" - 2nd face switch)
      • Tremolo (3rd face switch)
      • Vintage Flanger (4th face switch)
      • Chorus (Mix 0-50 operated by rolling Z-pedal to left from center)
      • Onboard Tube Booster

• Donner Black Arts Delay
    • Fender Champion 100 (Clean Channel)

You'll probably notice that almost everything here is inexpensive gear, but money's always a little tight in the BriGuy household for buying gear (3 kids and 2 grandkids at home you know). Still, I've been meticulously bringing things together and I've finally found something that I really like without breaking the bank.

In case you're curious, the homemade-silver-box-looking thingy controls the patch up & down and the tap tempo for the G5, along with controlling the two sides of the split.
    Last edited by BriGuy1968; 08-13-2017, 05:35 PM. Reason: got my overdrives backwards!
    Originally posted by The Commodores?
    "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

• Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

How do you like the GFS Twin Boost?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

I wasn't so crazy about it at first because it's VERY "middy" by itself, but when I couple it with the Cool Cat some pretty cool things happen. I use the boost side by itself when I want just a little bluesy dirt, the Cool Cat by itself most of the time, and I add the boost side to the Cool Cat for a very nice heavier distortion. I have the overdrive side set to give me a volume and gain boost for solos. The two pedals together do a pretty good job of covering all the sounds I need.
        Last edited by BriGuy1968; 08-13-2017, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Recently got one of the newish FuzzFaces and ended up reconfiguring my travel board. Never been into fuzz much, always found them muddy or overwhelming, but something just clicked with this one and now I love it. Since then I've been having so much fun with this small setup that my bigger more expensive board gets neglected.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4470.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	5801226

Don't have pictures of my big board at the moment, use it mostly in he studio so it changes quite frequently.
          C-Martin Recordings
          My Soundclick page

Comment

Very classy little board, I dig it!

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
              I wasn't so crazy about it at first because it's VERY "middy" by itself, but when I couple it with the Cool Cat some pretty cool things happen. I use the boost side by itself when I want just a little bluesy dirt, the Cool Cat by itself most of the time, and I add the boost side to the Cool Cat for a very nice heavier distortion. I have the overdrive side set to give me a volume and gain boost for solos. The two pedals together do a pretty good job of covering all the sounds I need.
              So what does the Cool Cat do for you by itself? That Champion 100 is SS isn't it? I think I used to have one, and certainly had other lower wattage versions. I'm always chasing blues tones, and I just wonder what would get you a good one with that amp, which you said the Twin Boost did.

What I'm looking for is what I would call a 'dirty boogie' sound, as well as an early ZZ top style Texas blues. I'd love to be able to do this direct, but I'm about to give up on that.

Comment

Originally posted by NotCardio View Post
                So what does the Cool Cat do for you by itself? That Champion 100 is SS isn't it? I think I used to have one, and certainly had other lower wattage versions. I'm always chasing blues tones, and I just wonder what would get you a good one with that amp, which you said the Twin Boost did.

What I'm looking for is what I would call a 'dirty boogie' sound, as well as an early ZZ top style Texas blues. I'd love to be able to do this direct, but I'm about to give up on that.
                The Cool Cat is pretty sweet, and I'm really digging it. It's sort of like a cheap version of a "Timmy." I'm getting a usable light distortion/bluesy tone out of the Twin Overdrive, but the fact is that the Cool Cat would do a better job if I were to use it for that. However, I don't like to fiddle with knobs and such when I am playing live, so I use the cool cat for my higher gain stuff.

Not that the Cool Cat is a particularly high-gain pedal... in fact it is definitely NOT. I keep the gain turned all the way up and it gives me just enough for the genre I play (70s classic rock). It's a very natural sounding distortion, and one of the things I like about the pedal is that it has separate bass and treble controls instead of just one tone control. If I pull back the gain on it, it gives me a VERY nice bluesy sound.

Comment

This is the monster I call The Battleship. it is large, impractical yet totally rocks. Guitar>wah>tuner>comp>boost to 3 overdrives of varying stages of gain>EQ>flange>univibe>chorus>>4 delays set differently>filter>noise gate out

Sent from my HUAWEI LUA-U03 using Tapatalk
                  Gear
                  Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
                  Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
                  Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
                  Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
                  Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
                  Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarFanatic View Post
                    This is the monster I call The Battleship. it is large, impractical yet totally rocks. Guitar>wah>tuner>comp>boost to 3 overdrives of varying stages of gain>EQ>flange>univibe>chorus>>4 delays set differently>filter>noise gate out

Are each of the DDs different and ordered by number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                      Are each of the DDs different and ordered by number?

They are set differently but are not ordered by number, but to make up the number 3572. But the oldest is the DD2 which is a 1984 model. The oldest modulation pedal is my Flanger which is from 1987

Gear
                      Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
                      Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
                      Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.

Comment

They are set differently but are not ordered by number, but to make up the number 3572. But the oldest is the DD2 which is a 1984 model. The oldest modulation pedal is my Flanger which is from 1987

Very nice!

FYI, there's a Boss DD-6 going cheap on Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                          Very nice!

FYI, there's a Boss DD-6 going cheap on Reverb

I doubt I'd be able to fit that on there. I need a Grande or a Terra 42 lol

Gear

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	g-system-limited-front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	5801286

Comment

I changed it again. Presenting Battleship Australia.

Gear

Comment

I changed it again. Presenting Battleship Australia.

What's that butter knife do for you?

Comment

Working...
                                X