banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Originally posted by Van Noord View Post
    They are little 5w SS amp heads that I use for low volume playing. Left to right are Fender Tweed, Vox AC30, Marshall Plexi, Engl Savage.
    The voicings are pretty darn accurate and the feel good under the fingers. They have effects loops and can handle any amp impedance.
    They are great pedal platforms. I boost all them with the various drive pedals sitting above them.
    I usually rotate out the last pedal with either a modded DS-1, MXR ZW OD or MXR Q-Zone. I also have reverb pedals to use I in the loops but they're not in the pic.
    Thanks, after getting "HOTONE" spelling -I checked out their site -seems like handy little recording options too.

I dig the "Freeze B" and "Eagles Heart" on their site.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I like the Freeze B too. Check out the user clips too, some of them are crazy good, better than the Hotone demos.
      I have the Eagle's Heart, but my favorite is the boosted Purple Wind for modern high gain, and the British Invasion for classic high gain and crunch.

I might sell both of them and buy the BritWind Floor Amp, which is 75 watts and more options like reverb, cab sim, XLR, a boost, and two channels...the British Invasion and the Purple Wind.

Last edited by Van Noord; 01-20-2019, 07:25 PM.
      ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
      ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
      ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
        Yes, that is how it is spelled but the question is how it is pronounced.
        That's what I meant.
        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

GENIUS idea
          Gretsch, Vox, Fender, Gibson, Kramer

Comment

itll always be ho tone to me

Comment

Originally posted by allbutromeo View Post
              It's really good. I need to do some more tweaking, I haven't been able to get both the Hi and Lo where I want them. I can get one or the other, but I'm getting closer. But it can get Mk sounds, close to Recto sounds and the Lo channel with the EQ off sounds a lot like my Electra Dyne
              Originally posted by CapoFirstFret View Post
              Updated pedalboard pic! It's definitely a transitional setup as I'm probably picking up a couple of new things in the next couple of months but this is it for now!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89824[/ATTACH]
              And another update! Hopefully this is the last one for a while. I know my wallet and my wife hope so. lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90114[/ATTACH]
              Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
              First off, I'd like to apologize to Seymour Duncan..I personally think it's rude to take advantage of the good graces of Duncan Co. and post all your different make pedals without any mention of a a Duncan pedal, but as a matter of fact I want to add a Duncan Vise Grip to the board ASAP, so anyway, heres one of my pedalboard now ( most of the pedals are recognizable, but the Maxon is a CS-9 Pro Chorus, and the no name pedal is a Pt. 2 pt. Tropical Fish/ Germanium Vox Tonebender fuzz clone);

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82596[/ATTACH]
              I spy an amazing, awesome Boss OC-2! Mine has rarely left my board since I purchased it new in 1993.

Comment

Originally posted by allbutromeo View Post
                It's really good. I need to do some more tweaking, I haven't been able to get both the Hi and Lo where I want them. I can get one or the other, but I'm getting closer. But it can get Mk sounds, close to Recto sounds and the Lo channel with the EQ off sounds a lot like my Electra Dyne
                Updated pedalboard pic! It's definitely a transitional setup as I'm probably picking up a couple of new things in the next couple of months but this is it for now!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89824[/ATTACH]
                And another update! Hopefully this is the last one for a while. I know my wallet and my wife hope so. lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90114[/ATTACH]
                Originally posted by VinceT View Post
                I always dug Geddy's clean tones...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by Chickenwings View Post
                Most pedals ive ever had on a board at once. Covers a lot of sounds tho and its nice to have so many options of dirt/eq/volume/feel at my feet.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]73804[/ATTACH]
                Might add a nice phaser at some stage, but it already feels kind of excessive. I like to try to keep things to a minimum generally.
                Originally posted by VinceT View Post
                Tonight's board - pretty stable now - all of this goes in the front of my custom Whitney amp (based on the Vox AC15 but with some sneaky tweaks) - I'll likely play the set on my Reverend Double Agent III.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I'm curious about that green PSU. What brand is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bucko View Post
                  I'm curious about that green PSU. What brand is it?
                  T-Rex Chameleon
                  --------------------------------------------------------
                  1973 Aria 551
                  1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
                  1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
                  1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
                  1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
                  1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
                  2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

This was put together this week. I’m loving the Black Secret

Comment

Originally posted by Bucko View Post
                      This was put together this week. I’m loving the Black Secret

Love the OC-2 but it you ever want to do the same effect with multiple notes/chords -not single note runs like the OC2 excels at -try a Boss Super Shifter or EHX Pitch Fork.
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                        Love the OC-2 but it you ever want to do the same effect with multiple notes/chords -not single note runs like the OC2 excels at -try a Boss Super Shifter or EHX Pitch Fork.
                        I have Micro Pog, which is quite great at that. I like it for the simplicity and range. Doesn't have harmonizing abilities of Pitchfork though if you want that.
                        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

My current board. Playing hard rock

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                          Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
                          http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

Originally posted by Progbusters View Post
                            My current board. Playing hard rock

Just curious, are you using that bypass looper because that Truetone or Donner buffers are creating too much color or noise? or because you plan on more pedals in those loops later? or because you always have one or the other on but not both or can you double click in both?

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                              Just curious, are you using that bypass looper because that Truetone or Donner buffers are creating too much color or noise? or because you plan on more pedals in those loops later? or because you always have one or the other on but not both or can you double click in both?
                              The loop master is an either or switcher. I was trying to stack it for solo boost. Ive now changed it to alternate with the trex. The visual sound is the lead and the trex is the rythmn.

Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
                              http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

I have streamlined big time here is my flavor of the month.

Comment

Working...
                                X