banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
    But isn't that the v1 version you just put last in your chain? Not G-string.

I had the Decimator 2 which is basically same, but also has link for second gate. It cut my notes short quicker than reduced any noise.
    The post you originally responded to up above is the V1. You can put that last in your chain to cut signal noise in front of the amp or in he loop to cut amp preamp noise.
    I only referenced the G/String version because it can do both.
    Sorry about the confusion. I should have clarified

Comment

From my old band's 35th reunion gig on Saturday, showing my current pedal complement and the required bright red stompbox actuation footwear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ETC 067.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	5814545

My grade school friend Rudy is a pro photographer who was shooting the show just for fun. I'm not sure why he felt the need to take a picture of my pedalboard, but there it is.
      Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
      Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Name:	boardupdated.jpg
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	5814570
        Originally posted by grumptruck
        No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
        Originally posted by Gear Used
        PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
        Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
        Mesa Stiletto Ace
        Gurus 5015
        Mesa Widebody 1X12
        Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]99093[/ATTACH]

Is that the Dunlop Volume X Mini on the far right? I've been looking into that one, how do you like it?
          --------------------------------------------------------
          1973 Aria 551
          1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
          1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
          1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
          1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
          1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
          2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Originally posted by Coma View Post
            Is that the Dunlop Volume X Mini on the far right? I've been looking into that one, how do you like it?
            Yep. Works really well, but there was a bit of a learning curve coming from an Ernie Ball. Once I got used to it, I really like it.
            No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
            Mesa Stiletto Ace
            Gurus 5015
            Mesa Widebody 1X12
            Pedalboard

Comment

Does this count? xD

Name:	pix.jpg
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	5814626

I am demoing it with my new soundcard, a bit harsh in the highs but otherwise sounds great. Has many options in the higher tiers, but I don't like the idea of buying expansion packs...

Would love to gear up, maybe go Zoom G1X Four or Boss GT1, then save up for a small handmade valve amp, and start getting a few pedals(Overdrive, Delay and Reverb are priority).
              Or just go full digital, I like the ease of changing patches and portability. Also I am a weakling
              Last edited by BlueStrings; 06-19-2019, 11:41 AM.
              "Eventually there will be a beautiful statue there, I just have to chip away" -Satriani

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                Love the OC-2 but it you ever want to do the same effect with multiple notes/chords -not single note runs like the OC2 excels at -try a Boss Super Shifter or EHX Pitch Fork.
                do you really think the super shifter or pitch fork sound like the oc2? i use it as much for the synthy quality as the octave

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                  do you really think the super shifter or pitch fork sound like the oc2? i use it as much for the synthy quality as the octave
                  Aboslutely, you can dial in either to sound pretty much exactly like an OC2.
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Love the OC-2 but it you ever want to do the same effect with multiple notes/chords -not single note runs like the OC2 excels at -try a Boss Super Shifter or EHX Pitch Fork.

For purely octave effects I'd pick EHX POG. It's simpler and has wide range for up/down octaves or blend tones.
                    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

That OC-2 one octave down is a unique sound.
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

the oc3 i tried was trash compared to the oc2 even if it tracked much better. the oc2 octave effect tracks ok, but not great, what i love about it is the synthy tonal quality and i havent heard anything that does it as well. im 101% willing to live with the less accurate tracking to have that tone. ill try a super shifter and pitch fork but i dont have faith theyll do me right

Comment

I've been thinking about getting the Wampler Tumnus. Any opinions?
                          My Axes:

Dean Razorback ML Dime Slime, ESP E-II Eclipse, 1975 Fender Strat,

"Ever since I saw Eddie play when I was a kid, I knew I wanted to learn guitar. After 15 years of playing, I though I would be better by now."

-Me

Comment

the oc3 i tried was trash compared to the oc2 even if it tracked much better. the oc2 octave effect tracks ok, but not great, what i love about it is the synthy tonal quality and i havent heard anything that does it as well. im 101% willing to live with the less accurate tracking to have that tone. ill try a super shifter and pitch fork but i dont have faith theyll do me right
                            i was the opposite -I needed perfect tracking so that I wasn't switching on and off during songs all the time when a chord or even an arpeggio with sustain was performed didn't crap it out.
                            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Downsized, tremendously.

Last edited by beaubrummels; 06-26-2019, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jbake View Post
                                I've been thinking about getting the Wampler Tumnus. Any opinions?
                                Yes, get it!
                                Mesa Stiletto Ace
                                Gurus 5015
                                Mesa Widebody 1X12
                                Pedalboard

Comment

Working...
                                X