banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Originally posted by jbake View Post
    I've been thinking about getting the Wampler Tumnus. Any opinions?
    If you already have a Klon-type circuit then no (unless you need more space on your board - in which case yes)

If not, then definitely give it a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
      If you already have a Klon-type circuit then no (unless you need more space on your board - in which case yes)

If not, then definitely give it a try.

+1

I still regret selling my second Tumnus
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Trying something different for rehearsal tonight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DF4F1439-AA0A-4738-A875-286D29A4F6BE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	5814781

Comment

• 2019: Summer UPDATE

This is what I'm using! The first one is my electric rig, the second one my acoustic rig. I'm happy with my electric rig at the moment and could purchase something in the future if needed to play songs from my debut solo album. The acoustic rig is another story. I have been considering purchasing the Tech 21 Acoustic Fly Rig, but I don't know if it's really worth it. May need to sell the MXR Micro Amp Plus there. I use it to boost my solos and have a higher volume for my percussive guitar/drum loops. I tried the Acoustic Fly Rig in Guitars Boutique store and it had certain pros I liked like giving more power to the signal, the EQ, chorus, boost and a compressor (that's really another boost). Can you offer me a Plan B or should I go for the Acoustic Fly Rig?
          Check out my solo singer/songwriter/guitarist work on Facebook!
          Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

• Re: 2019: Summer UPDATE

This is what I'm using! The first one is my electric rig, the second one my acoustic rig. I'm happy with my electric rig at the moment and could purchase something in the future if needed to play songs from my debut solo album. The acoustic rig is another story. I have been considering purchasing the Tech 21 Acoustic Fly Rig, but I don't know if it's really worth it. May need to sell the MXR Micro Amp Plus there. I use it to boost my solos and have a higher volume for my percussive guitar/drum loops. I tried the Acoustic Fly Rig in Guitars Boutique store and it had certain pros I liked like giving more power to the signal, the EQ, chorus, boost and a compressor (that's really another boost). Can you offer me a Plan B or should I go for the Acoustic Fly Rig?
            I've been trying to find an all in one for my acoustic board and the best I've seen is the T Rex Acoustic Soulmate. It ticks off every box and each bit is top notch

Comment

I've got a bunch of shows coming up that are basically traveling with Guitars and Pedalboard only -using all backline.

So here's my setup I'm testing -using a Brownface Preamp pedal

Name:	20190701_122755.jpg
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	5814814
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

• Re: 2019: Summer UPDATE

Originally posted by chadd View Post
                I've been trying to find an all in one for my acoustic board and the best I've seen is the T Rex Acoustic Soulmate. It ticks off every box and each bit is top notch
                It definitely seems like a great pedal. The price tag is high, but it seems capable of doing the job. It also has a looper. Fun Fact: My acoustic rig is meant to be constructed around the 22500 EHX Looper. I may need to sell my MXR Micro Amp Plus to finance an upgrade.
                Check out my solo singer/songwriter/guitarist work on Facebook!
                Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Updated and rerouted today.

Name:	IMG_20190702_150810157~3.jpg
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	5814839
                  Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

• Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
                    Updated and rerouted today.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]99573[/ATTACH]
                    Don’t let @NegativeEase see that....his pedalboard OCD will be in overdrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                      Don’t let @NegativeEase see that....his pedalboard OCD will be in overdrive.
                      Hah, Im like mom who wants to keep the house spotless
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                        Hah, Im like mom who wants to keep the house spotless
                        I already told you....feel free to rewire my board anytime. [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                          I already told you....feel free to rewire my board anytime. [emoji16]
                          This fall!

Comment

I prefer mine before the OD because I like to boost or knockdown the 2 most critical frequencies 400k and 800k before making the OD work to make the sound -as I switch between a Tele single coil Git, an LP Special style Humbucking Git and a 335 Humbucking Git and a Gretsch Git for various songs and stuff.

Also people like them before their OD to gain stack using the EQ as tone shaping tool and a boost into the input of the OD

However many prefer to tone shape after the OD to control the honkiness or other character of the OD -also to use as a cleanboost to hit the preamp harder.

just experiment around and see what works for your tastes

Comment

2 new arrivals today, straight on to my mini board. Keeley Mod Workstation and Dr Green Booster Shot. Looking forward to giving them a run out.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Do videos count? We made a video. Of my pedal board.

--------------------------------------------------------
                                1973 Aria 551
                                1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
                                1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
                                1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
                                1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
                                1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
                                2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Working...
                                X