banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe something that will give you a bunch of flavors like a Digitech Chorus Factory

Comment

• Originally posted by donaldr View Post
      That's what I was also thinking. Any pedal you recommend that can do flange + other modulations?
      Needs to play well in front of the amp as there's no effects loop in the Firebox and I want to keep the XLR out.
      And true bypass.
      BF-2 is pretty much the industry standard and not crazy expensive, but given you only have 3 pedals you might want more flexibility so maybe a Walrus Audio Polychrome or, if it fits, a Dreadbox Komorebi
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

• I don't want to go crazy on pedals for this, I already have an HX Effects on a second pedalboard with an Atomic Firebox MKII.
        Just a utility pedal (flanger or phaser), and maybe an analog delay. It is just for some spice here and there.
        What's your thought about Ibanez mini pedals (phaser, flanger and analog delay)?

Comment

I don't want to go crazy on pedals for this, I already have an HX Effects on a second pedalboard with an Atomic Firebox MKII.
          Just a utility pedal (flanger or phaser), and maybe an analog delay. It is just for some spice here and there.
          What's your thought about Ibanez mini pedals (phaser, flanger and analog delay)?
          My vote would be a used Keeley Dyno My Roto. Tri chorus, flange, and a good rotary sound. It's all manual and the level adjustment is sensitive, but once you get it dialed in it sounds great. I only sold mine to help offset the HX Effects. Used around $100.
          Take it to the limit
          Everybody to the limit
          Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Direct to FOH ultra-mini pedalboard based on a Cornford MK50 model and powered by a USB battery. Fits in front pocket of my gigbag with guitar cable and XLR cable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0469.png
Views:	64
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	6283458

The Firebox is used for clean to high-gain just by riding the guitar volume and switching pickups, and the boost switch add compressor, boost and delay for lead.
            As you can see I can add one more pedal but I don't need drives or boost pedals with that amp model. Suggestion?
            ​​
            You might also look for a pedal-size modulation multi, so you have access to flanger, phaser (my favorite), or chorus.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Maybe a MagicStomp? Holdswort swore by them.

Comment

• If you're a fan of the HX stuff, how about the HX One? Maybe a configurable single stomp would be perfect for this board.
                Take it to the limit
                Everybody to the limit
                Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

• Originally posted by Seashore View Post
                  If you're a fan of the HX stuff, how about the HX One? Maybe a configurable single stomp would be perfect for this board.
                  The new HX One might be a candidate. Alternately, a Zoom CDR.

I'd suggest a Marshall Regenerator in a single pedal. See my Boss BF3 post also
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• I fogot about the HX One. They also made an M-series single pedal, which sounds fantastic (I still use an M9). So don't discount older, cheaper tech.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I don't want to go crazy on pedals for this, I already have an HX Effects on a second pedalboard with an Atomic Firebox MKII.
                      Their mini pedals are great except that the flanger is missing a manual control, which greatly limits it's versatility. If you want something small enough you could fit another mini pedal on there, the Joyo JF-327 is a great analog 4 knob flanger that sells new for about $60
                      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Working...
                      X