fuzz busted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuzz busted

Bass muff pi switch went out. I am too stupid to fix it myself.

Gives me an excuse to buy a replacement though.

Any recommendations? Same form factor or smaller, preferably.

sigpic

Re: fuzz busted

Not a difficult thing to repair.
    Get a reasonable tech to change it, those tb switches are common as grass

Comment

You could fix it or get it fixed easily...
      but seeing as i think you really want a new pedal instead:
      Pharaoh. Job done
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Yeah I kind of want a new one anyway. I may get this one fixed too but I need a fuzz pretty soon, doubt I can turn it around in time.

sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking about a Supercollider or a Pharaoh. There was a comparo thread a while back on the forum that had a pretty good discussion of the two. Leaning toward the Supercollider right now but it might be a bit oversized for the space I have on my board.

The Pharaoh sounds great and seems to be a really well-regarded pedal. The Supercollider seems like it might be a little bit more edgy sounding, which I might like. I also need the damn thing like, yesterday so I may have to go with the Pharaoh since I can get it faster.
          Last edited by hydro; 07-20-2015, 12:36 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Just got this thing. It's amazing. And it is not busted.

I can't believe how many different sounds I can get out of this. Epic stoner/doom pedal but it can do a lot of other stuff too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fuzz.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	5788049

sigpic

Comment

that looks like a good pedal.
              I built a russian muff clone and swapped the first clippers with leds and boosted the mids so that the eq was flat. That thing looks like it gives you control over that stuff.
              Cool!
              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Yes the LED clip is REALLY gnarly! This weekend I am going to run this thing through a 50 watt clean channel and a 4x12 and see what it can do. I was surprised, I could get some sounds pretty close to crunch metal out of this thing also in addition to big ol' sloppy fuzz, the EQ band on it seems very powerful.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X