Pedal train Volto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal train Volto

I just put a smaller board together for a gig we have been doing annually for 16 years. I really wanted an MXR Iso brick for this one but they aren't out over here yet and had to look at alternatives. First I got a daisy chain and a single 9 volt but that didn't work, too much noise and squealing presumably because of ground loop issues, I had 3 pedals in the front and 2 in the loop. Then I called all the local shops and stores trying to get a T-Rex and no one stocks them. I found a Voodoo Lab PP2 I didn't want to spend £160 for this small board. Then I remembered the threads on here about the Volto and thought it was worth a shot. Well I have to say that whilst not exactly cheap here at £80,I am very impressed. It's compact and light and did a great job. I charged it overnight and we played for about 1 hour 45 mins and its still on 3 lights. There was zero noise which was my concern as I didn't have time to test it out prior to heading off last Friday. One thing though, the WAH is running off a 9volt and I don't run any digital pedals on this one, it's all analogue so that may be a consideration for those that do. Here's the board

Re: Pedal train Volto

I've been very impressed with mine. I am running a couple of higher mA pedals (a digital delay and a vibe pedal that takes a fair amount of juice). I've logged a few hours on it and I still haven't had to charge it yet!!

sigpic

Comment

voltos are brilliant
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I'm really happy with this whole board the Volto makes it all the more awesome. I've got about 6.5 - 7 hours with the Volto now and it just gone down from 3 - 2 lights and that's just with the first charge! I may well just stick with this and wait until its performance dies off before I get an ISO Brick.

Comment

Thomman sells a clone of the trex fuel tank jr & its actually isolated while being cheap. That might work if the iso brick takes too long to be available. Even a isolated 1spot is in works, not sure on the release dates though.

Comment

Cheers Hank, I will look into that!

Comment

Working...
            X