G Major 2 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G Major 2 Issue

I'm having an issue that I isolated to my GM2. After about 30 minutes of playing, the sound cuts out. I've tested all my cables and other gear, and isolated this to the GM2. Meaning if I take it out of the loop, the sound comes back.

My hook up is like this:

Guitar to pedal board to ISP Rack

ISP Rack to Dual Rectifier IN

Send from Rec to ISP

ISP out to GM2

GM2 out to EQ pedal

EQ pedal out to Rectifier effects return

I've tested each cable I use and each component individually and isolated this to the GM2. Any ideas what could be causing the issue with the GM2? I'm hoping its maybe a setting and isn't broken. Is using balanced cables going to fix this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff

Re: G Major 2 Issue

I doubt balanced cables will make a difference.

Since this takes 30 minutes of playing to manifest, it sounds like it could be something heat-related. Is the GM2 in a rack, and if so how much ventilation is around it? Would it be possible to test again with the GM2 outside of the rack?
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
    X