Looking for a Talk Box effect…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for a Talk Box effect…

This just proves Ace can never shut his freaking mouth even during a guitar solo.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown Note
      I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
      My Blog

Comment

IIRC the Digitech Talker and the EHX Talkbox pedal use no tubes, just a Mic.

Comment

Building a tube type talkbox is simple and cheap.

Comment

I know you dont want a tube...but
            The rocktron Banshee is a real talkbox in a pedal format but it has its own internal amplifier unlike the old Heil units which were really just a speaker that needed to be driven by a separate guitar amp. The banshee does everything the old units did but it is small and easy. You wont get a real talkbox sound without a tube im afraid, so this one is a good option.
            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Man up. Sambora used a Framptone talkbox driven by a Fender Showman head. Cleans the tartar off your teeth while you're playing guitar.
              Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
              Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                But no tube or all of that BS. Whatcha got?
                They make a sphincter controlled model but the resale value is poor.

Comment

How about modding a wah pedal in some way that shifts the focus as well as doing its normal business? I dunno what you'd call it, it's late and my head hurts.

Not the Q-knob thing, but more like a circuit or cap&resistor bundle that you solder in place, and it cuts or boosts specific frequencies differently depending on the pot's position. Kinda like the spin-a-split + a varitone-type mod on a tone pot.

Put a 3-way mini-toggle on the side of the pedal that shifts the circuit around so you can switch between 3 distinct modes - Rocky Mountain Way, Show Me The Way, and Living on a Prayer.
                  Originally posted by Brown Note
                  I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
                  My Blog

Comment

Working...
                  X