Vapor Trail specific question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vapor Trail specific question

sorry I did search but there are half a dozen Vapor Trail Threads and I felt bewildered and belittled and hoped it would be ok to start another

I've been quite keen on the idea of one of these and watched a couple of demos but I have a specific question. I know you can put a volume or expression pedal ( both seem to work on the demos I've seen) in the wet insert jack socket to control the mix level.

Once you've done that can you still set up the mix with the mix knob for normal use whilst your volume/ expression pedal is heel down and then use that to increase the mix to maximum as you go toe down ( or the other way around would be equally fine) or is it that once you have put your volume/ expression pedal into the wet insert jack socket can you then only control the mix level with that?

Put it another way : I'd like to have a Vapor Trail with my spare expression pedal plugged in and set it up as a straightforward slapback with the expression pedal heel ( or toe) down. Then to be able to increase the mix and to max it out using the expression pedal when I want to but not have to use the expression pedal to set the mix level in normal use ( as that might be tricky on the fly).

Hope that makes sense! Ta

Re: Vapor Trail specific question

welcome to the forum!

i have a vapor trail and i love it but i havent tried using an expression pedal with it so cant help you, but heres a long winded bump

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      welcome to the forum!

i have a vapor trail and i love it but i havent tried using an expression pedal with it so cant help you, but heres a long winded bump
      Oh well, many thanks. I might see if I can get to an actual shop one day and try one.

Comment

It's just an insert so yes, it should work just like it did on the Deja Vu, where the main mix knob ALSO works to set the maximum. Then your volume pedal sweeps down from there.

If you had a volume pedal with a boost (some Dunlops do that, I've seen others too) then you could rock it back and forth for a louder-than-normal delay when all the way down, but if you press to bypass the pedal it would return to the level set by the knob.

Comment

vAhh brilliant, many thanks. I seem to recall that the Vapor Trail gives a 3db boost on mix full up anyway so a volume pedal with a boost could be very loud indeed! Interesting.
          I saw a link to another new delay earlier - the Dwarfcraft Mini Van - interesting how they've taken this extra jack idea as well.

Comment

Working...
          X