• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite All In One Pedal?

Keeley modded Boss MT-2.

Comment

Ibanez PUE5 tube
      "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
      you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

If you're referring to multi-fx pedals, I've not found any that satisfy nearly as much as a pedal board of individual effects. JMO

Comment

I'm not seeing the FlyRig appeal. It's got a delay, a SanSamp, and then a Plexi model? No chorus, flange, reverb, phase, fuzz, wah, octave, or pitch shifting? And it's not programmable?

I'm currently still experimenting with the Line6 M13, though my rack stuff still has a certain charm. Caught myself scanning Ebay moments ago for the old Digitech RP10 and RP20 units, which were the Legend and 2101 in a floor unit with a treadle.

Would like to try the BOSS rack with all the pedals and the ability to arrange them in any order. Might put that on my short list.
          Originally posted by Brown Note
          I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
          My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
            I'm not seeing the FlyRig appeal. It's got a delay, a SanSamp, and then a Plexi model? No chorus, flange, reverb, phase, fuzz, wah, octave, or pitch shifting? And it's not programmable?

I'm currently still experimenting with the Line6 M13, though my rack stuff still has a certain charm. Caught myself scanning Ebay moments ago for the old Digitech RP10 and RP20 units, which were the Legend and 2101 in a floor unit with a treadle.

Would like to try the BOSS rack with all the pedals and the ability to arrange them in any order. Might put that on my short list.
            Would you recommend the Line 6 ?

Comment

I run mine on a pedal board with other pedals around it. For my church gigs I often play, that plugged into my cabinet emultion DI covers all my needs. The one I played this week had fantastic in-ear systems, and I almost never use an amp anymore. One guitar, tiny pedal board, and I'm good to go.

It can be run alone, and I have done it, but I like more reverb and delay options. Even adding pedals to it, it makes for a very small rig and a fast load in/out. I can also go to jams and play through nearly any amp and get predictable results.
              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
              ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
              Originally posted by Securb
              The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by stef89 View Post
                Would you recommend the Line 6 ?
                Haven't put it through its paces in a simulated live setting yet (switching effects during a song), but it does sound good. Individual level controls, 2 expression pedals, color-coded effect groups, and effect-order customization, as well as being able to assign where the fx loop appears. I did try running it so the distortion goes into the front of the amp for boost and the effects go into the loop for cleans, but I got no sound at all. Don't know if that was the amp or the pedal causing the problem, though.

I'd definitely recommend it based on the fact that it's one pedal rather than several, but at this point that's about it.
                I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
                My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Diminished Triad View Post
                  If you were going to use one to cover all possible needs, what would you prefer and choose as your one single pedal/pedal board on stage? Which all in one pedal currently stands out?
                  Mine would simply be an EQ; flip the freq's around for many different tones.

As it stands, the ubiquitous MXR 6-Band or Maxon GE-601 are my favorites.

Comment

Captain Coconut!
                    "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” --John Lennon

Comment

I have but one everything pedal
                      Digitech GNX3000
                      the expression pedal can fade between an acoustic sim and an electric guitar amp
                      I prefer to swap back and forth from Jumbo acoustic to Fender twin or Marshall JTM45 sims

it has five "pedals"
                      1) Amp Channel- lets you swap from pre-selected clean to dirty channels
                      2) Stompbox- your pre-selected dirt box
                      3) Chorus/Mod- pre-selected modulation
                      4) Delay-you know
                      5)and a Tap Tempo
                      EHD
                      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I've never found a multi-fx pedal I liked or got along with. Sure, they are convenient but at the end of the day I find I can get more satisfying tones from individual pedals.
                        Soundcloud

Comment

With the branded all-in-one units like Digitech or BOSS, you are pretty much stuck with their pedals/tones for everything, which may not be the greatest for that particular function, and while I'm not a fan of Line 6's slavish devotion to vintage/boutique replicas, the M13 does (at least claim to) have several models of various "classic" pedals that are high on the "hard to find on Ebay for a low price" list, like the BigMuff, BOSS Dimension C, BF-2, as well as the RAT, and a '63 spring reverb tank and various delays, plus effect sounds like synth pedals and whatnot.

How accurately they recreate those tones I cannot say, but reading their documentation it sounds like they put a lot of effort into it.

I'm sure in a head-to-head against a board full of "the real deals" the M13 would come up short, but in a typical cover band or live setting, I'm doubting Willy Wanker would be able to tell an original BM Pi from the M13.
                          My Blog

Comment

After using Line 6 and Boss I would say a Boss Multi-Effects pedalboard...Boss just seems a step above IMO

EDIT: As cheap as one can buy them, I really dug the Berhinger V-Amp
                            Last edited by treyhaislip; 09-16-2015, 07:12 AM.

Comment

I'm not seeing the FlyRig appeal. It's got a delay, a SanSamp, and then a Plexi model? No chorus, flange, reverb, phase, fuzz, wah, octave, or pitch shifting? And it's not programmable?...............
                              It does have reverb and chorus (although it's not called 'chorus'). I couldn't wait to get mine when they were first released. It was the biggest disappointment imaginable. Very 'hissy' noisey and the tones, in real life, were meh if you could live with the hiss. I thought the concept was tremendous, but the product wasn't. I often wonder if I received a bad one?

Returned it.
                              Last edited by IM4Tone; 09-15-2015, 09:39 PM.

Comment

This is actually a problem I have with VSTs like Amplitube - they even modeled the hiss. Trouble is, you can't disable it. You HAVE to run a separate noise gate/hiss remover. Whether or not one has/had to do that with the real-world amp is absolutely irrelevant, as the primary purpose of a software or even hardware model is "all the good, none of the bad of the original".
                                My Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X